S1000XR

Well I've got 3 1/2 days of play time with the XR1000 this weekend, pick it up Saturday afternoon and drop it of sometime on Tuesday. I'm just a little bit excited :bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

Well I've got 3 1/2 days of play time with the XR1000 this weekend, pick it up Saturday afternoon and drop it of sometime on Tuesday. I'm just a little bit excited :bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

Make sure you go to the right garage, as BMW don't make an XR1000!:D

That's a decent time allowance - I'll be interested in your thoughts.

Al

That's a decent time allowance - I'll be interested in your thoughts.

Al

It's an extended test ride and thanks to them being shut on Sunday and Monday it gives me extra time, all courtesy of Micky and his awesome negotiation skills :thumb2

I disliked the electronics on the GSWC but the four cylinder should be smoother and feel less intrusive hopefully. Apparently it's the all singing all dancing semi active suspension doodah dangly one :D

It's everything I don't want in a bike really, too quick & too complicated, but strangely it's the one BMW, bar the 800GS, that actually excites me.
Saw a demo one in Norwich last week and they do look good in the flesh, something that KTM have failed with in the latest models (sorry giles :p).

I'd bet you could work your magic on one of these, similar scheme to Steve's GS.:drool:thumb

Yeah there's bundles of potential to do a 'special'

BMW-S-1000-XR-1.jpg

...Saw a demo one in Norwich last week and they do look good in the flesh, something that KTM have failed with in the latest models (sorry giles :p).

:D That's quite alright!

A cracking raffle win - enjoy the prize ... :thumb2

I disliked the electronics on the GSWC but the four cylinder should be smoother and feel less intrusive hopefully. Apparently it's the all singing all dancing semi active suspension doodah dangly one :D

P).

Well as long as you keep it either under 65 or over 100 mph then you will at least be able to feel your hands/fingers !

Had another demo today, strange how not having wisdom tooth ache and a wearing a different lid makes all the difference, once you dial yourself in and change your mindset from twin to inl4 you forget the niggles and realise its not a bad bike at all, quickshifter is much better then the gs it allows downshifts whilst on the throttle and the noise it makes is like a Ferrari on full chat vibes are still there 65+ tingling is prominent and can't see what's in the mirrors !

One thing I noticed is the XR is weathering better then the gs I saw with 1k on the clock, it looked as tho it was corroding standing still wtf

I'm sure the XR will be a totally different proposition to the GS / GSA.

It'll have none of the romanticism of the GS, with its dreams of crossing continents and the full-on rugged 11 day beard growth of the hardy self-reliant adventurer, that the mark brings.

Indeed. The stuff dreams are made of. :D

There is a curious snobbishness about the British motorcyclist, that you don't find elsewhere.

Go to any Alpine mountain top cafe or valley hotel and you'll find a big cross-section of motorbikes, ridden by a broad spectrum of bods. The trouble with the UK 'Adventurist' is that they seem to think that unless it develops under 90 hp, is held together with at least five cable ties, has a dead sheep's hide on the seat, twincore and a light switch for the ignition, an estate agent's sign folded into a splash guard and has 90 litre panniers built by some homicidal maniac called Vern... Or is called a Serow and is an inch thick in rusted grime, having two Korean War ammunition boxes for God knows what held onto it with bent Dexion and a Whitworth bolt, along with mismatched Chinese tyres, it can't possibly be a motorcycle.

Anyway, where else but the 1200 section woukd anyone get the real laughs?

I was with you ....up to the last statement!! :mad:

:D

Back
Top Bottom