Shaping Points, or not, in Basecrap?

ampthill

Reaction score
I am trying very, very hard to like Basecamp. So far without success. After many years of successfully using Mapsource I thought I'd better get up-to-date and use Basecamp which I note some seem to see as the way forward.

Now what I want to do is fundamental to route planning on a bike and is so easy to do with Mapsource but can I find a way with Basecamp? No. :mad: And believe me I have searched the site, done the Google etc. So before I consign Basecrap into into Rm101 can someone please tell me what I need to do. :rob

I have a route with a start point and end point but I want to shape it to follow the roads I want to go along. In Mapsource this is easy as you just highlight the route with the arrow tool and drag it to where you want the route to follow. Job done. But this does not work in Basecrap, and I can see no way of doing it. :mad: So is it possible? Or do I just delete Basecrap?

Peter

On a mac, you press option (alt on a PC?) and drag the route where you want.

Let's start at the beginning OP.

Are you using a PC or a Mac?

What problems are you encountering exactly when you try to drag the route?

Does it jump back to where it was?

Does it jump to somewhere else?

Does it ever stick to where you want the shaping point to be?

Thanks everyone- got it. Eventually...

I have now learnt learnt (on a pc) that to shape the route I have to use a different icon from the toolbar (when compared to Mapsource) and also hold down the ALT key whilst doing so. Then I can shape the route. Basecrap will live for another day but I'm not sure for how long...

I have now learnt learnt (on a pc) that to shape the route I have to use a different icon from the toolbar (when compared to Mapsource)

That threw me when I first started using Basecamp. I watched a tutorial video made by someone using basecamp on a PC and he had different route shaping tools, which the mac version doesnt have. Took me a while to figure out that I didnt need them on a mac.

Back
Top Bottom