Enduro bike insurance recommendations anyone?

JoJo

Reaction score
I've just had my multi bike insurance renewal come through at £400 f/c which I'm more than happy with but have just added a CCM404ds to my collection. Devitts are wanting £650 now with the extra bike when the existing policy runs out next month, blaming "insurance companies often won't cover off road bikes". They've added it for now ahead of the renewal which gives me a few weeks to ponder over it but I'm thinking that I should be able to insure it more cheaply separately from the others even with no no claims discount which is on the multi bike policy.

I'd rather be out riding the new toy rather than trawling through insurance websites so would be grateful of you good folks to offer any recommendations on companies I should approach if you have had similar experiences?

Thanks in advance,

Jo

Jo....try bikesure (they have a link on this here forum).....I switched to them after a big hike in insurance renewal quoye from CN, and they had no quibble in covering both GSA & EXC for me......

Thank you :) I've tried them, just for the CCM they're coming up at £235 with a £500 excess. CN are £257 with a £150 excess (and being quite nick able, the low excess is appealing) my problem is that my full no claims discount is on the other policy, I think I might be fighting a lost cause here.

Try a multibike policy with carol nash, my 1200adv and 650xc are with them for £260 fully comp.

Any idea how many bikes CN will allow up to on a multi bike policy? I've currently got 4 on the road and the GS will be joining them again soon

Ive had 4 in the past, don't know what the limit is though?

Try ebikeinsurance, though you have to ring them now.

Have my te449, xchallenge and gs on there.

Thanks for the above advice fellas, I'm sorted now. After a fair bit of to-ing and fro-ing and speaking to managers, Devitts have managed to knock a whopping £229 off their previous quote, meaning I've added the CCM on for just £22.50 with £175 excess. Needless to say, I'm happy with that and it pays to challenge them :)

Presumably your 'off-road' bike is a fully road-legal road bike?

It was the insurance who classed it as an "off-road bike" - I classed it as what it is "a fully road legal bike that goes off road green laning" but it still falls into the highly "pinchable" category apparently

Back
Top Bottom