Turkey boarder crossing

DRAIN MAN

Reaction score
Does anyone know what time the insurance booth is open on the Erdine boarder crossing and if it is open on a sat

Aiming to cross late on fri afternoon or sat morning if we are to late to get the insurance.

Any advice/help would be welcome

John

Which way are you going? went that way last summer and crossed on a Sunday Turkey to Bulgaria. Every thing seemed to be open but I didn't use there Turkish insurance as got it added on to my UK policy and green card, have you tried getting it in the uk? Save a lot of agro. Once across The Bulgarian vignette/insurance booth, well old cafe was open. Watch for the girls and kids milling about on the Bulgarian side, have your wheels off. I kept a few euros/lira handy in an old purse to give the kids. Just empty it out and say sorry all gone, then they tend to smile and leave you be.
You probably know you get your turkish visa on line now as well.

Turkish border staff very concerned about my bikes health as well, even gave it an xray:D

We are going into Turkey from Bulgaria, my insurance company would not do a add on for Turkey so I will need to buy the insurance at the border otherwise they will not let you in. At present in Sofia waiting to get a V5 doc sent from England which my travelling partner forgot!!!
We should have it in the morning if UPS do their job ok

Thats weird. My insurance had no probs with Turkey but Bulgaria cost me extra +green card. Think it was an extra £60 total and only lasted a month. But did also have Albania, Serbia and Montenegro so not to bad.

got the insurance on sat morning no problems, system has now changed from last year. You now go to the office next to the inspection bay which is on the right hand side about 50mts after the Turkey border post. Cost us 17 euro for 3 month.

Back
Top Bottom