R12 isn't too heavy really

Boxerboy55

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had the bike on side stand outside my garage today. Across the doorway left to right. Side stand nearer doorway. I simply turned the handle bars from left to right and 2 seconds later - in slow motion - the fuckin' bike came leaning over towards me. Onto it's right side.

If I'd been a second quicker I could have caught it when it was still vertical, but oh no, ever so slowly it came to me. I was only one step away from the bike and automatically reached out to "catch it" because I know they don't bounce very well.

Silly me. One grazed right forearm from the brake lever and a big bruise on my left knee from the RH cylinder head and down she goes. Ever so gently with only a minor scratch on the rocker cover. And I quickly picked it up hoping no one noticed. Bugger :mad:

I know the yard isn't billiard table flat, but just turning the bars really caught me by surprise. Not for a minute did I think it wasn't safely on the side stand. Lesson learned.

Did that years ago with my 1150GS. It cost me a new plastic head protector.

Hope the bruising isn't too bad.

It fell so easily, because the Telelever scuffs the tyre tread like steering a car wheel shifting it off the stand. The front wheel on a "normal" bike flops side to side when steered though to be fair a cruiser front wheel will flop each way more easily than a sports bike..

Back
Top Bottom