Zumo 550 not showing routes in routes list.

KMD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've had a 550 from new and to be honest, have never found it the easiest piece of kit. But now something new has come up I'd like to seek advice on. Following a link on here I went to the Ride site where there was a good looking circular 8 day route down to the south of France. I downloaded it in GPX onto my computer and opened it in mapsource. From there I was able to send it to my device, which, once disconnected showed 'new data found' and gave me the option to import it. The Zumo went through the process of loading the new data and then showed 'import complete/successful'

Now the routes are titled HL D01 to HL D08 but my list only shows numbers 1-5. When I go into my Userdata they are all listed, and if I tick on 6,7 & 8 I am given the option to 'import' and the unit goes through the process, again showing update complete etc but still not listing them in my routes.

Has anyone come across this before, and if so what is to be done about it ? Am I simply missing something ? Is it likely that those parts of the GPX file are corrupted in some way and in fact aren't loading ?

Any useful info would be appreciated:beerjug:

I assume that the eight routes are in one single file? Try breaking the eight routes into eight separate files, one for each route. Then try importing / displaying each of the three missing routes individualy, one at a time.

I seem to remember that the 550 is limited to the number of routes that it can display at any one time? If I am right, then it's possible you have reached that limit. Try deleting some routes, particularly some you haven't used for some time and / or are never likely to use again. That will clear you some space. See if you can load the three missing routes then.

Worried about losing routes when you delete them? Don't be. Back them up to your PC first, unless that is they are on your PC already. If they are, you have nothing to worry about anyway.

Report back.

This sometimes happens on my 660. If there's an option to import data > import routes then try that.

Dave

I assume that the eight routes are in one single file? Try breaking the eight routes into eight separate files, one for each route. Then try importing / displaying each of the three missing routes individualy, one at a time.

I seem to remember that the 550 is limited to the number of routes that it can display at any one time? If I am right, then it's possible you have reached that limit. Try deleting some routes, particularly some you haven't used for some time and / or are never likely to use again. That will clear you some space. See if you can load the three missing routes then.

Worried about losing routes when you delete them? Don't be. Back them up to your PC first, unless that is they are on your PC already. If they are, you have nothing to worry about anyway.

Report back.

Thanks Wapping, but tried that. It did occur to me that I may have 'reached it's limit' and so I deleted a number of routes I had sitting in the unit, and then tried again to import the 6,7, & 8 routes. Still no joy.

I wonder if somehow the three routes are corrupted?

Pull up route 6 on your PC.

Copy it into a file on its own.

Trace over it with a fresh route, easiest done if you use different colours.

Delete the original copy of the route.

You should now have one handmade copy of the route, in its own file. Give the route a new a new name you'll recognise.

Send it to your device and import it.

What happens next.....

Let us know how it goes, please.

I'm away for a while, otherwise I'd download the route from Ride's (excellent) website to see if I could make it work. One thing you might try is saving the three problematic routes as tracks, then load them up to see if that works, perhaps. What I can't remember is whether the 550 has the ability to change a route to a track though. From memory it does, something like 'Save track as route'??? Either way, you can't break it.

Back
Top Bottom