Givi drill holes

Kimyfa

Reaction score
Looking for a diagram or measurements of the hole positions for a Givi monokey top box mounting kit. I know some rack manufacturers predrill their racks to accept Givi fitting kits; sadly Ruggedroads does not :-(.
Many thanks for any assistance

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I just put the Givi rack on top of the 1100 rack and drilled some marker points, then drilled, worked for me. Plus any mistakes will be hidden by the top box :D

Great if you have a Givi rack already as a template, sadly me not got. Suppose when the topbox arrives I might be able to work it out from there

I just put the Givi rack on top of the 1100 rack and drilled some marker points, then drilled, worked for me. Plus any mistakes will be hidden by the top box :D

Great if you have a Givi rack already as a template, sadly me not got. Suppose when the topbox arrives I might be able to work it out from there

I think he means he put the mounting plate onto the rack and marked/drilled it.

I take it you've ordered a mounting plate to attach the box to the bike.

Edit:
Just re read your initial post. Givi do a universal mounting plate which is what I have bolted to the rack on my 1150gsa. That's the BMW silver rack on the back of the bike not an aftermarket one.

Givi also do a mounting kit which is similar to their wing rack system and consists of a load of brackets and plates which bolt together and then fit onto manufacturers mounting points.

If you've ordered the universal plate it's just a matter of sitting it on the rugged roads rack and marking it or if it's a tube type using the fasteners that come with the kit. If you've got the full mounting kit then the rugged roads rack will probably be of no use.

I'm not familiar with the rugged roads rack and you don't say what bike you have so I cannot advise regarding the manufacturers rack.

I picked up as per instructions a 'junction kit' this contains the rear positioning pins and the front latching mechanism to mount a topbox.
These are the same as comes already installed on a Givi ali rack.
Similar to the Altrider and SW Motech adapters they supply to allow Givi cases to attach to their ali/steel racks.
So what I need is the positions of the holes from one of these racks so I can drill mine the same.

I googled the junction kit to see what it was. Unless you are making a bespoke plate I'd be surprised if the bike rack would be wide enough to mount the hardware to, I know mine wasn't. The kit really looks like a spares kit for the the Givi mounts. It probably what was used to make up the plate on the link below. Givi will probably do a specific mount for your bike or there is the universal plate which is what I use.

http://edelweiss.smugmug.com/Motorc...re-GiVi/2795778_jVHS4S#!i=149159882&k=Qcth6MK

Yes that's exactly what I'm trying to do, my rack is quite wide and I was informed by the manufacturers that others had previously done exactly that. Sadly they were unable to give me any info regarding mount positions

I think this is the plate you're after?

If it is, I'm in Harwich and you're welcome to come and get it FOC.......You can just see the crease mark where it got bent after I re-mounted it too far back, and it may well be that one or two of the holes are not-original, but the ones with captive nuts on are probably the ones you need :thumb2

Attachments

• givi.jpg
    givi.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 208
Hi Many thanks for the offer, looking at the plate holes they don't really look like they are in the right positions, if you see this motooverland rack http://motooverland.com/index_files/image1209.jpg you can see the mountings points with the catch on the right and two pins on the left.

Back
Top Bottom