2009 GSA Remap

MickF

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a 2009 1200GSA which I bought new. I have put a few bob into bits and pieces to make my trips more enjoyable. Akropavic can, Sergent seats, Zumo 550, and a few other bits and pieces. My only complaint with the bike was the low speed running, or virtual running. Any GS rider is aware about the "roughness" or lack of response at low speeds in lower gears. I put up with it until today!!! I booked my bike in with Mark Donoghue in Santry for a remap. I did a lot of research and asking around and Mark's name came out at the top. My bike went in as a workhorse and came out as a thoroughbred :bounce1
In a matter of a few hours he had flashed and remapped my ecu and transformed it from boring to having the feeling of having a new bike. The cost? E350 which in my opinion was the best money I have spent on it. He fully explained each step of the process and when he was finished he sent me off for a long run to make sure I was happy with it. My grin on my return said it all. To me it was better than having got a new bike. I was happy with all I've done with it from new and having it transformed without having to lift a finger was a gift. Gary said that it should be more economical too but I don't understand how economical and fun belong in the one sentence. My trip back down the M4 was enjoyable:augie He can be contacted on 087 2964327.

Is there a risk (as with a car remap) that the modified software could be overwritten during a main dealer service ???
I am seriously considering having this done but would be wary of leaving the bike to a main dealer afterwards, has anyone any info on this??

I've been considering having this done as well. I was recommended to get in touch with PDQ, anyone had any dealings with them?

Gary took a copy of my original mapping on my ecu and will have it on his system if I should want to or need to restore it again. Having had my car remapped a number of years ago I'm confident that general software updates will not upset my current set up. If my car ever needs software updates I always enquire if they will have any effect on fueling and so far I've never had a problem. I imagine the same should apply to my bike.

Gary took a copy of my original mapping on my ecu and will have it on his system if I should want to or need to restore it again. Having had my car remapped a number of years ago I'm confident that general software updates will not upset my current set up. If my car ever needs software updates I always enquire if they will have any effect on fueling and so far I've never had a problem. I imagine the same should apply to my bike.

Cheers.
Did Gary do a custom map for you on the dyno or is it a generic map??

Do you ever get over to Laragh of a Sunday morning, I would love to get a rolling comparison between mapped and standard??

I went for a generic map. I really had no interest in trying to do anything more with my bike than iron out the flat spots and improve overall smoothness which Gary did to perfection. A custom remap and dyno session would have been wasted on me. I'm generally a more sedate rider and it's not a performance bike to start with. I'm delighted the way the bike has been transformed. No, I don;t usually get away on Sunday morning so I wouldn't be at Laragh. Gary's remap had made a noticeable difference to my bike and I imagine a full remap and dyno session would take it to its limits,

Cheers, that's a great bit of info and will help me with my choice.

Back
Top Bottom