Engine bars wanted 11**

MATKAT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone have a set of engine bars for 1100 lying in shed?
They must not fix at points behind fuel injectors as my bike has carbs so no room on the one side. I think TT bars work as do some others.Condition not to important as long as they are straight and preferably with all fixings.đź‘Ť

he's right you know
when of my best buys

I've got some engine bars. They're off an 1150 so not sure if they'll fit an 1100? Been meaning to post them for sale. They're black and I think H & B.

I'll post a picture this evening when I get home.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've got some engine bars. They're off an 1150 so not sure if they'll fit an 1100? Been meaning to post them for sale. They're black and I think H & B.

I'll post a picture this evening when I get home.

1150 same as 1100 but H&B ones will not fit as they utilise the top bolt on the footrest hanger behind fuel injection. As I said my bike is on carbs so no room.

1150 same as 1100 but H&B ones will not fit as they utilise the top bolt on the footrest hanger behind fuel injection. As I said my bike is on carbs so no room.

Unless anyone knows different I think TT ones are the only ones that do to locate behind injection on the one side, unless of course someone knows different.

Here's an image of them fitted.

uploadfromtaptalk1434382802025.jpg

Yea ,sorry, H&B is just a guess. But they're fine. A lick of paint will see them right. I only took them off because i fitted the oem BMW crash bars (i know, i know!). I have all the bolts also.

30 quid plus Hermes postage? Or collect of course if you can get to N London.

Here's another picture i just took

uploadfromtaptalk1434396701676.jpg

Ok, so have these. think I can see how they fit, has anyone else fitted Wunderlich ones and if so did you need to remove front wheel and tank (which looks likely). Have emailed Wunderlich and Nippy Norman to see if they have a PDFs of fitting instructions also tried google but nothing coming up. Any help appreciated.đź‘Ť

Hi Matkat
Tank yes
Front wheel no

Lower front mount goes to front of engine under skid plate
Upper front mounts go to top front engine bolts IIRC
lower rears goto centre stand area

Do everything up loosely until you are sure of fitment
You can still access alternator belt with crash bars fitted

HTH
Neil

I managed to remove the H&B ones by just lifting the tank a bit, not removing it completely. If the Wunderlich ones mount to the same place (the same point where the front frame connects to the frame's strut) then that might be OK.

Back
Top Bottom