Salisbury Plain Sunday 26th July - guide sought.

Poxy spoil sport rangers!!!

Rangers are also assisted by Wiltshire police who are quite happy to confiscate your bike if they find you stepping out of line. Have seen quite a considerable increase in patrols over the past few years, and that particular area of the plain is not the place to be with a group that don't know the area. It looks like there are many escape routes, but that area is littered with ditches and holes ready to catch you out. The kind of holes that would swallow a tank.

Feel free to ride were ever you like, but i won't be having anything to do with it. We've already lost to many good trails down here, and i don't want to be part of the ammunition used to close even more. I'm not keen to loose my bike either (and there has been a few occasions when that has almost happened, and i wasnt' doing anything wrong!).

There are still lots of challenging tracks on the plain that can be ridden legally, if you want a nice chalk climb, i'll take you to this one:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=409650&y=155905&z=120&sv=409650,155905&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=691&ax=409650&ay=155905&lm=0

Should be fun on an 1150 :D

We've already lost to many good trails down here, and i don't want to be part of the ammunition used to close even more. I'm not keen to loose my bike either

For avoidance of doubt, I was being flippant.

The same story in the peaks.

I'm certainly not risking losing my bike for such a short lived bit of fun.

Hence me asking if anyone would kindly guide.

Are we all planning to still meet @ Burbridges Bakery on the Sunday morning? If so.......what time?

:D
Wheels roll at 9:30 with full tanks, full belly's and sustenance supplies, still works for me.

I'm coming from reading now making life a little easier.

Would suggest either the aforementioned muck-D or nearest petrol station seeing as the bakery is closed.

Rangers are also assisted by Wiltshire police who are quite happy to confiscate your bike if they find you stepping out of line. Have seen quite a considerable increase in patrols over the past few years, and that particular area of the plain is not the place to be with a group that don't know the area. It looks like there are many escape routes, but that area is littered with ditches and holes ready to catch you out. The kind of holes that would swallow a tank.

Feel free to ride were ever you like, but i won't be having anything to do with it. We've already lost to many good trails down here, and i don't want to be part of the ammunition used to close even more. I'm not keen to loose my bike either (and there has been a few occasions when that has almost happened, and i wasnt' doing anything wrong!).

There are still lots of challenging tracks on the plain that can be ridden legally, if you want a nice chalk climb, i'll take you to this one:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=409650&y=155905&z=120&sv=409650,155905&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=691&ax=409650&ay=155905&lm=0

Should be fun on an 1150 :D

Ummm.......chalk.....especially if it's wet.......:blast

For avoidance of doubt, I was being flippant.

The same story in the peaks.

I'm certainly not risking losing my bike for such a short lived bit of fun.

Hence me asking if anyone would kindly guide.

It's a similar story all over the UK.......

Wheels roll at 9:30 with full tanks, full belly's and sustenance supplies, still works for me.

I'm coming from reading now making life a little easier.

Would suggest either the aforementioned muck-D or nearest petrol station seeing as the bakery is closed.

I'd suggest the shell petrol station near the roundabout.....:D

Sorry guys i'm going to have to pull out of this, i forgot a work commitment means i'll be tied up from 1500 onwards...

Next time:thumb2

Sorry guys i'm going to have to pull out of this, i forgot a work commitment means i'll be tied up from 1500 onwards...

Next time:thumb2

Pity Chris.....we will post up some 'dull' pics of us not enjoying ourselves.......too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still in for Sunday :D
I'm leaving home Sat morning to arrive in Andover around 1pm ish on Saturday & will then head out early PM with Steve (tbc) to play :D

Steve may well be up to play on Sunday too :D

BTW.....whomever is leading this gaggle of tossers on Sunday, can you pick a couple of 'special play areas' where we can get some HD video footage of us all having too much fun please.......:bow

Don't worry there is plenty of good places to get vids, and have a laugh watching people and bikes go difrent ways ( probably me lol)

Don't worry there is plenty of good places to get vids, and have a laugh watching people and bikes go difrent ways ( probably me lol)

I've seen a few pics of abandoned military vehicles too; are there a few vehicle graveyards around for 'moody' photo's.....:D

BTW.....whomever is leading this gaggle of tossers on Sunday, can you pick a couple of 'special play areas' where we can get some HD video footage of us all having too much fun please.......:bow
A more important question...what are the plans for lunch....pub?

Back
Top Bottom