New French Law

Colin

Reaction score
Just saw this about a new law coming into force in France on 1st July. You will have to translate the article.
www.motomag.com/Juillet-2015-fin-de-l-oreillette.html#.VYb3OGfbL5p

It will be illegal to have any form of earpiece or headphone in your ears whilst driving. This applies whatever the earpiece is for GPS, intercom, phone or music. The only thing allowed will be Bluetooth or similar system speakers fitted into the helmet. It says the penalty will be 135€ fine and 3points on your licence.

As in Spain I think this applies to in the ear not speakers in the helmet? Plus points don't apply to us at this time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, so what if your moulded ear plugs, which are decibel killers and therefore a health and safety device, also happen to have headphones in them?

If I'm forced to ride without them, it will make my already bad tinnitus even worse, will I be able to sue the French gubmint for causing me further ear damage and loss of hearing as I travel gaily down through France?

Even if the things aren't connected to any actual device, and are merely acting as said ear plugs?

Usual bollocks I say, and will be mightily ignored as most of their arcane rules are.

Oh for fucks sake ... if you get pulled just tell 'em that if it wasn't for us Brits they'd all be speaking German :blast

Was across there this last two weeks without dayglo, without helmet stickers, without breathalysers, without a care .... 2,000 miles and never saw a gendarme :eek:

Fuck 'em :D

I passed 3 mobile speed traps between Calais and Saarbrucken on Saturday, luckily cruise control was set on 130 km/h

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's probably only for when you really piss them off and they are throwing the 'book' at you, if if you have an accident

I am sure we are all obliged to Colin for highlighting this important change in French legislation, rendering (once again) France a no-go area for bikers. Cheers, mate.

I for one will be sticking well inside the M25 henceforward, preferably no further than within a mile of home and always north of the river.

As said - relax. In probably over 150k miles in France I have never been stopped by a gendarme or had anything other than friendly waves from them.

Just don't ride like a knob and you'll be fine.

Just saw this about a new law coming into force in France on 1st July. You will have to translate the article.
www.motomag.com/Juillet-2015-fin-de-l-oreillette.html#.VYb3OGfbL5p

It will be illegal to have any form of earpiece or headphone in your ears whilst driving. This applies whatever the earpiece is for GPS, intercom, phone or music. The only thing allowed will be Bluetooth or similar system speakers fitted into the helmet. It says the penalty will be 135€ fine and 3points on your licence.
So Bluetooth speakers are OK, but wired ones are not.
Doubt it.

It appears that earpieces and headphones are to be banned but not Bluetooth sound transfer to the car or phone speakers.

It probably doesn't apply to custom made ear plugs but even if it did I couldn't give a f$@k what law they pass, I'm wearing my Custom SoundEar plugs regardless of any law they may or may not pass. :rolleyes:

Oh FFS :blast

Do as the French do at times like this and SAFIOI :thumb

That's Slap A Fuck It On It :D

:beerjug:

I can so see where they are coming from.................. trying to make sure that the driver, rider, (should include pedestrians and cyclists too) do not disconnect themselves from what is going on all around by shutting out all the auditory clues of what IS going on by drowning out those clues with the 'noise' they are listening to.

I liken it to trying to cross a road whilst shutting your eyes but still blaming the motorist for any mishap.

It will be ignored.
Nobody will be prosecuted.
Don't get 'em in a twist.

Oh FFS :blast

Do as the French do at times like this and SAFIOI :thumb

That's Slap A Fuck It On It :D
:beerjug:

He's right. The way French law works is like this:
1.Some bureaucrats and politicians think something is a great idea and make a law.
2. The people think it's a stupid idea and ignore it.
3. The cops likewise ignore it unless you go out of your way to piss them off.
4. After a while everyone forgets about the law and things return to normal.

It's their version of democracy:D

He's right. The way French law works is like this:
1.Some bureaucrats and politicians think something is a great idea and make a law.
2. The people think it's a stupid idea and ignore it.
3. The cops likewise ignore it unless you go out of your way to piss them off.
4. After a while everyone forgets about the law and things return to normal.

It's their version of democracy:D

Works for me!!

Custom earplugs

Slightly hi-jacking, but a couple of people have mentioned custom in ear plugs with speakers.

I have a moulded set of standard plugs (no speakers), but they are about 10 years old, so going to upgrade with a set with speakers in.

Other than ultimateear, any recommendations on alternatives ?

TIA

RBW.

Back
Top Bottom