Hp2's dead

A quick fix (override) reminder:

I carry a copy of this pic in my wallet

Attachments

• Fuel Controller splice.jpg
    Fuel Controller splice.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 461
OK.....

After a bit of playing around changing fuel pump controllers and taking the tank appart to swap the fuel pump over..

I realized that it should go into bmw for a recall..

I think they should fill the fuel tank to the brim so it lasts the entire life of the bike:blast :D

I have a Hpn tank on it and although you can hear fuel sloshing around in it, the bike can not use the whole tank:eek:

Before you lot tell me so, i'm saying it myself..

I'M a cock :D

So you have a "Markus" underseat tank plus a huge HPN tank and you still managed to run out of fuel and then blame the FPC. :rolleyes:

We may let you live this down... possibly in the next 5 years :D

Put a Ballistic battery under the petrol tank and fold up a 5 litre fuel bladder in the old battery box.

If it happens again, I had a similar event after I was messing with my fuel tubing.
They connector for the pump wasn't seated well.
I just had to wriggle it.

I've got an HPN tank myself: I took out the BMW OEM fuel float and added an 8 ohm resistor across the wires that connect to the fuel float switch .
It now thinks it's full the entire time.

Space/Jake on the HP2enduro.com forum had some issues withe his HPN tank not draining completely.
It's to do with the angle you have your bike at, and how your tank side lobes are drained.
And there are some petcock filters in the petcocks that don't have mesh in them all the way: so there's a certain amount that wo't drain.

I replaced mine with ones that do drain: from a Triumph Norton.
Can buy on eBay: come from the USA for some strange reason.
Search for: Fuel filter screens Petcock filters Triumph Norton BSA threaded plastic insert

But they are very good.

You need to redrill the hole in the petcock though to fit them.
They need a 3/8" 24 UNF tap.
And to be drilled out with an 8.5mm drill first.

If you decide to do it, I could lend you my UNF taps if you cannot get one.

OK.....

After a bit of playing around changing fuel pump controllers and taking the tank appart to swap the fuel pump over..

I realized that it should go into bmw for a recall..

I think they should fill the fuel tank to the brim so it lasts the entire life of the bike:blast :D

I have a Hpn tank on it and although you can hear fuel sloshing around in it, the bike can not use the whole tank:eek:

Before you lot tell me so, i'm saying it myself..

I'M a cock :D

Back
Top Bottom