Wow! You really are old aren't you?:)

Vauxhall Chevettes, Fiestas, Rover SD1s and Granadas when I joined :bobby

Chevettes and Fiestas................. :thumb

No wonder they didn't film "Bullit" in Rotherham :blast

Al :D

Chevettes and Fiestas................. :thumb

No wonder they didn't film "Bullit" in Rotherham :blast

Al :D

Hey, we thought we were the bee's knees, flying about, using the horn to warn people, as pandas weren't fitted with sirens in those days :driving

Hey, we thought we were the bee's knees, flying about, using the horn to warn people, as pandas weren't fitted with engines in those days :driving

........ is probably - nearer the truth......... :D

I can swing the lamp with the best.
Five week Standard car course, at the South-West Regional school at Devizes, which was doubly useful as I passed my DoT test in Week 2. Few bob saved there.
Standard bike course shortly after; two weeks duration.
Advanced bike 18 months later; three week course.
Then Refreshers every four years, of two weeks duration.
There was a four week Instructors in there in the early 1980’s.
If you add in an Advanced car course, plus Traffic Patrol Officers, plus Refresher, I think I spent a total of 28 weeks of my 41 years service at Devizes.
As all these courses were residential, they weren’t cheap, but then doing a job properly rarely is cheap.
For my last 10 years no formal refresher’s. Just an Assessment Day, which hardly equates to a two weeks course.
I am conscious that, three years into retirement, I am no longer as sharp as I was, although hopefully still OK at the lower speeds I now ride at.
I loved riding then, & I still love it, & I’m sure that applies to all those posting above. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom