BIKE FRIENDLY CAFES IN THE DALES

retroman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Recommendations, please - here's my intended route.

Thanks.

Attachments

• dales b roads.gdb
    92.5 KB · Views: 171
Check this link out mate!

http://www.yorkshirebikers.co.uk/Biker food.htm

- It's pure gold - not fool's! It's a list of the most popular biker cafe's in Yorkshire etc. I can't open your attachment so not sure which ones are relevant.

Squires in Sherburn-in-Elmet (near Leeds), the Penny Garth in Hawes and the caravan at Devil's Bridge (nr Kirby Lonsdale) seem to be the most popular.

Whatever you'll have a great blast arounf our neck of the woods - the roads are great.

cafe

retroman

Take a bit of a detour from your intended route and call here.

It's a nice Farm shop and very friendly

Sherpa;)

Attachments

• townhead farm.gdb
    92.6 KB · Views: 125
Re: cafe

sherpa said:
retroman

Take a bit of a detour from your intended route and call here.

It's a nice Farm shop and very friendly

Sherpa;)

Done ...

... thanks, Sherpa:thumb

try devils bridge at kirby lonsdale two mobile cafes . good roads to hawres and to north York's Moore's+whitby/Scarborough/brid

If you can fit it in and the weather is half reasonable this road over the moors is a real gem - it's single lane with three or four gates to open (and close!) but stunning views and a village ford (optional) to cross just before the main road

Then there is High Force waterfall just before you turn off the B6277 onto this road

The Allenheads Visitor Centre N54 48.153 W2 13.088 (down to the right of the B6295) is in the old lead mining works and has a great cafe - try the hotpot made with Cumberland sausages - not sure of the opening hours so call ahead 01434 685395

.......If you can fit it in and the weather is half reasonable this road over the moors is a real gem.........

Oooops - sorry about that - here's (hopefully) the route

Surprise surprise, Hartside cafe! Near Alston, lovely place with a great view on a good day

Between Pickering & Scarborough is the Dalby Forest Drive: a toll road through Forestry Commission land.

When I went along it with a couple of mates we stopped at a farmhouse that was serving cream teas. Excellent and very good value even if you factor in the road toll.

My kitchen?? lol I live near Richmond, if you are round this way you are welcome to use the place to stop and rest up/get out of the weather/ drink coffee etc
Laur :rolleyes:
(bike parking is limited lol pull up on the front lawn :D )

If your near to Sutton Bank in Thirsk, heading to/from Scarbourgh, you could do worse than stop at the Divan hotel for coffee/lunch/evening meals etc oh and of course a room.

Cheers :thumb

Talk about pre planning....this started last March....retro does it take that long to sort a few day trip??? :D

dave.boulder said:
Talk about pre planning....this started last March....retro does it take that long to sort a few day trip??? :D

Bizarre!!??

That trip was done and dusted some time ago - thanks for the contributions, nonetheless :thumb

Back
Top Bottom