Sena/Cardo/Interphone......size and fitting and use?

(RIP) mainescots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Trying to read each and every comparison but mostly, the critiques have been with interfacing with computers and sound and hook-ups with other units....
But
Using generally, one of two flip-front helmets Nolan 104 or BMW System 6, are there any preferences with fitting/attaching to the helmets?
AND
What about the sizes of the units? What about your conclusions for use with gloved fingers, ease of usage, volume control? Some appear to have just buttons for Up and Down, others having a dial-knob?
Many thanks.....maybe this year!

I had a Cardo / N104 combo - had to use stick on fixing on the N104(clamp no use if I recollect). Cardo did not have enough volume with ear plugs in.

Now on a Shark EVO 3 and SENA MH10 and it's clamped to the helmet , performance is better regarding volume in helmet with plugs in. It is a bit bulkier than some BT units but not an issue for me.

I had a Cardo / N104 combo - had to use stick on fixing on the N104(clamp no use if I recollect). Cardo did not have enough volume with ear plugs in.

Now on a Shark EVO 3 and SENA MH10 and it's clamped to the helmet , performance is better regarding volume in helmet with plugs in. It is a bit bulkier than some BT units but not an issue for me.

Hah, the N104 was the replacement for my Shark Evo II..... Most bloody uncomfortable helmet ever.....
Did you ever look at the N-comm's? Wonder if they/it could be retrofitted to the Nolan?

Did look at the N-comms but didn't go down that road, afaik the N=comms can be fitted to the N104 at any time.

I fitted the Cardo Q3 to my System 6 and had to use the glued on plate, it was easy to do and fits well next to the dark visor slide. using the Q3 is easy with gloves on and as I use ine ear monitors the sound is more than loud enough. But I didn't fit the speakers so can't comment on those.

Just looked at webbikeworld.com and as usual, they are the font of all knowledge.....

For future reference......if you haven't used it before, webbikeworld is a good if not great reference bible.

Looks like the Sena SMH10R wins so far.....?
N-com might be relegated because of wishing to transfer the unit.
Will see what else turns up, what other suggestions folk have.

Cost wise I couldn't say suppose it all depends on what you find expensive. I think I paid abit over £200 last time for bike in a single cabin with breakfast out and dinner back. Food is good. Loading is easy on and off. You normally get off first'ish. I'd recommend it. Certainly better than a six hour ride to Dover or the tunnel for me. You load on at around 5pm and sail at 8pm landing at 8am both ways.

Thanks for that. It used to be so easy to ride to Rosyth and catch the Zeebrugge ferry. Well, it was until the jacked the price from £190.00 to damn near £400.00 for exactly the same damn bike and rider.....
Now it's either Newcastle or Hull.... Several hours ride.
But as you say, better than the hell of riding to Folkestone or Dover.

SENA OR SCALA, NEWCASTLEOR HULL

Ive had both the Scala and Sena 10 fitted to my Schuberth C3 which I believe is the same lid as a System 6, they both have to be fitted with the glue clamp supplied with the bluetooth device due to the shape and design of the lid, in the case of the Scala (Q2), i had to buy an optional longer boom mike to work properly with this helmet. Both units are similar, my experience would favour the Scala as the Sena intercom failed quite regularly.
Having used both crossings I would say the Hull one is best, less fecking about getting on and off, better food, shorter crossing time all round worth an extra hours drive down the motorway from Newcastle.
Hope this helps:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom