Come on Cato .... Lets be having yer ....

lol Rich,

You are damn fast with swapping these bikes!:) I tried XR last Saturday again (their demo had 2200mls already) and vibes were still there. I said no again ;( despite temptation from dealer offering me to jump back on XR soon-ish. Did you not experience these vibrations on demo bike and your new XR? Do you remember anything like that on S1kR?
There were some minor vibes on the one i tried but not that terrible and could easily be sorted with some heavier bar end weights i reckon

Beautifully put!

I'm a Luddite, I still choose 1150 over even the 1200s. On every bike I have ever ridden up until the XR I would have been right on your side, and it is true that electronics mask incompetence to a degree. However, the XR is a different beastie. The electronics are stealthy in their operation, I couldn't feel them at all. Now, that may be because they didn't kick in, but I'd be amazed because I set out to provoke it (full throttle whilst cranked a fair way over) and it just fired forward with no drama.
Is it easier to ride than a bike without all this Gubbins......well yes, of course it is, but if you have skills and the electrics on this bike, you will be way faster. It's an intuitive and very passive peace of software. It doesn't intrude on your riding, just let's you enjoy it more.
I hated the GSWC electrics, it was like having the safety police on ya shoulder with an HSE manual in one hand and a set of coils in the other. Crude, badly executed and damn right ruined the riding experience.

lol Rich,

You are damn fast with swapping these bikes!:) I tried XR last Saturday again (their demo had 2200mls already) and vibes were still there. I said no again ;( despite temptation from dealer offering me to jump back on XR soon-ish. Did you not experience these vibrations on demo bike and your new XR? Do you remember anything like that on S1kR?

I did notice some vibes on the demo bike I rode, but with a relaxed grip on the bars they weren't an issue for me. I've not ridden mine yet, but will report back after the weekend.:thumb

I hated the GSWC electrics, it was like having the safety police on ya shoulder with an HSE manual in one hand and a set of coils in the other. Crude, badly executed and damn right ruined the riding experience.

You clearly forgot to select the "short, fat, ham-fisted baboon" setting :p

I've done 18k on my 2013LC and, apart from a couple of times off road, have found the electronics to be sublime and unobtrusive.

I am, however, a tall, skinny, handsome riding god with an abundance of talent, skill and finesse ;) :D :beerjug:

There were some minor vibes on the one i tried but not that terrible and could easily be sorted with some heavier bar end weights i reckon

I spoke to the dealer about the reported vibes, he said the same thing heavier bar end weights would most likely sort it. He also said some people need to stop being pussys and just get on and ride it.
Still can't wait for mine

Terry

I've done 18k on my 2013LC and, apart from a couple of times off road, have found the electronics to be sublime and unobtrusive.

I am, however, a tall, skinny, handsome riding god with an abundance of talent, skill and finesse ;) :D :beerjug:

You know it's only a matter of time before you get an XR, Toddy!:D

Track day in France here ... Fuck me it's hot !! Cato is holding his own (we'll sort of! There's a couple of blades and a gixxer that are in a different league ..!!!)

Track day in France here ... Fuck me it's hot !! Cato is holding his own (we'll sort of! There's a couple of blades and a gixxer that are in a different league ..!!!)

Challenge 'em to a lap including the infield and down the steps from the ladies loo. Even it up a bit :thumb2

A well ridden GS .... :augie

Show 'em Giles, show 'em :thumby:

I spoke to the dealer about the reported vibes, he said the same thing heavier bar end weights would most likely sort it. He also said some people need to stop being pussys and just get on and ride it.
Still can't wait for mine

Terry

I took mine out today, and yes there are vibes there, but they're not as bad as people will have you believe. Riding with a relaxed grip (not limp wristed :p), and the "issue" disappeared.

EPIC bike.:JB

I took mine out today, and yes there are vibes there, but they're not as bad as people will have you believe. Riding with a relaxed grip (not limp wristed :p), and the "issue" disappeared.

I've been riding a 17 year old Honda VTR for the past 3 months waiting for my new bike, I think after that the XR is going to be silky smooth.
Any way once it's run in who's going to be riding in the rev band where the vibes are, not me
Terry

Well you can ride around like a girl and avoid them kicking in, but when it does kick in it feels like someone's pulled the coils of on side of the engine. The XR is totally different. The toilet I rode was an early one so maybe they have listened to me and reprogrammed it, but the one I rode was feckin awful!

;)

Finally something we agree on :cool:

You know it's only a matter of time before you get an XR, Toddy!:D

Never say never Rich! It looks like a fabulous piece of kit.

At the moment though I'm loving my LC and not feeling the itch for a change just yet.

.......when I say loving I don't mean in the Giles gay Cato kind of way!

Why didn't BMW put shaft drive on the XR ?

Surely that would give it more appeal?

Nasty oily & messy chains :(

Back
Top Bottom