Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only a week to go

Size 11.5 Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Only a week to go

Time seems to be galloping away again, and there is now only a week to go.
    Some of you haven't been to a Tossers do before, so just to make you aware of a few things.

The site is not some commercial set up, it's my own land, and as such might seem a bit basic. You all attend at your own risk, and if you are prone to falling over, stabbing yourself with a fork, upending your bike in a rut, falling in the bonfire when pissed, getting stung by flying insects and the like, can you please go out the gate onto the public road before you do it.

There is only a soak-away for the water (and I'm on a meter), so if we can use it sparingly it would be appreciated (the soak-away might be under your tent). I've set up a wash room and there will be portable loos.

I'll park a bike with an arrow pointing into the drive, you will see it as you come up Tower Hill road. If your satnav brings you DOWN Tower Hill road, you'll sail straight past the entrance as it's obscured by the hedge, so when you come to a small cross roads (there's only one), do an about turn and the site is a couple of hundred yards up the road from there. You will most likely see my polytunnel and 'new' barn as you come up the road, just so you know you are in the right place. If you are in a motorhome or other large vehicle, you'll only access the site if you come UP the hill as the downhill turn is too tight.

There will be enough wood for a bonfire both nights.
    There are enough paper/polystyrene plates and cups, plastic drinks glasses and plastic cutlery to go round, so unless you prefer your own crockery and irons, there's no need to bring any. Tea ,coffee and some soft drinks will be there all day, as will a quantity of alcohol, bottled and draught in various guises.
    A nice comfy sleeping mat might be an idea, as will one of those disk things for putting under your side stand.
    It's well over subscribed this year so tents will need be fairly close together and you can camp in both fields.
    Friday evening's curry will be on the go from around 7 pm.
    Saturday's buffet will be from around 7pm.
    Baked spuds, fresh baked bread and tasty cheeses will abound.
    Basic breakfast food will be available both mornings and there are a few pot noodles and the like lurking near the tea kettle
    At least two ride-outs on Saturday, thanks to Flipfly and andrewgsadv.

Please try not to churn the field up if you get stuck (especially trying to get out of the lower field), there's a couple of 4x4 available, so just ask.

A lot of people are putting their own time and effort into this event again this year to make sure we all have a good time, so try not to be a plonker.
    Illegitimis nil carborundum

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Bill, about that plonker bit......eerrrmm I might struggle with that one

Fat blokes bounce better

"The human race is being overun by muppets, it's like fraggle f*ckin rock down here!!!"

flipfly - Dec 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Flipfly View Post
    Bill, about that plonker bit......eerrrmm I might struggle with that one
    Agreed...Phil, despite your best intentions & effort, I do believe you will fulfil being a Plonker....
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

After dibbing into all the grub on offer i'll need a 4x4 or two to pull me out

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Must do better this year, I'm sure there was still some beer left in one of the kegs last year, disgustingly ungrateful I know.
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Quote Originally Posted by UturnTony View Post
    After dibbing into all the grub on offer i'll need a 4x4 or two to pull me out
    Please take more care this time not to dribble egg down the front of your panta loons......
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

5 sleeps to go!

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    5 sleeps to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Buz View Post

my bike is now in bits, as of this morning

it's gonna be close!

I was out practising in the muddy lanes for this venture into the "wilderness" ????

Is that Banjo's I hear??

Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can! And the wisdom to know the difference!

Is it going to fit , shall I just bring the car.

Its Glamping tha nows!

Gear all present and correct. Front Gentlemans Bell end on me tent so as not to frighten folk as me rear reverses out of tent in`t morning.

See you all tomorrow

Hugo is a go! It'll be the tankbag for the trip up and possibly the pannier for the Bimble...He cannot wait to get out from the Mrs feet...200 miles up and 220 miles down through the Cotswolds. Bring it on..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

He should have leathers and a helmet in case he jumps out....there again he'll strangle himself 1st!

Quote Originally Posted by adventuredon View Post
    Hugo is a go! It'll be the tankbag for the trip up and possibly the pannier for the Bimble...He cannot wait to get out from the Mrs feet...200 miles up and 220 miles down through the Cotswolds. Bring it on..
    I am sure he will get on great with our Terrier Molly, apparently small dogs are only a fiver for the weekend��
    The purpose of man is to live, not exist !!
    I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them..........
    I will use my time !!
    BMW 1100GSA (on steroids)
    BMW R100R Mystik
    BMW Z3
    Prospector Kevlar Canoe.
    Racelight road bike
    Stihl chainsaw

Quote Originally Posted by ianboydsnr View Post
    my bike is now in bits, as of this morning

it's gonna be close!
    And back together around 5.20pm, bike now loaded with tent!

No idea where to put this. But to let you know myself and Ada will arrive Saturday morning. Was gonna Friday afternoon but unfortunately the cat hotel is full.

So should be there early, and in time for ride out. Maybe even get time to tent up before we head off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast