Another SW/National Event Location?

Madmountainman

Reaction score
I'm always on the lookout for places to run a GS meeting and have just come up with this pub and campsite, which are located at the foot of The Blackdown Hills, with easy road access from the North, West and East, i'd mention South too, but there's not much of that before you hit The Channel. There's also this pub, which is a slightly longer stroll from the campsite and both pubs offer accommodation.
It's an area not frequented by folks, as they tend to be driving through to Devon/Cornwall. From this location, you can explore some lovely countryside in Devon, Somerset and Dorset.

I'm looking for interest in this location and offers of help for leading rides, if necessary. My intention would be to run it this September, possibly 11th/12th, and will look to see what interest there is. If there's a problem with the site being booked, I can look at it again next year.
I've posted places i've found before and not had a lot of feedback, so i've not pursued the event/s. If you're interested, please let me know by posting on this thread?

I could be up for this Richard. The trouble is the SW section has died a death as far as meets and ride outs are concerned.

I'd love too, but have 2 rallies already in the diary for 11-13 and 18-20 :aidan

If later in Sept or Oct I'll be there :)

I could be up for this Richard. The trouble is the SW section has died a death as far as meets and ride outs are concerned.

I feel your pain Devon & M3, but I suspect they'll be many (like me) on here that would love to come along but aren't free that w/e. I would come along as I'm only up the road but I have 4 weeks terminal leave to take in September so its a cracking opportunity to get in a long ride before finding a new job!
I'll put it in the diary but keep on it and chin up!!!! :beerjug:

Ok, i'll head home from work, via the campsite, this Friday and have a gander.

Back
Top Bottom