Radiator Guards

iandavid

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Visited a dealer in Surrey, over the weekend and looked at their demo XR. The rad fins were quite badly damaged and when I commented the guy said, the cleaner goes too hard with the pressure washer :blast FFS. I said I was thinking of rad guards and he said good idea but we as a dealer are not allowed to fit them. Fast forward to Monday and I ask my friendly Yorkshire dealer about rad guards for my new bike and they said "no problem we'll happily fit them to your new bike for you if you drop them in before delivery.

I looked at the R&G ones, but the Evotech are much nicer. If it's not too late, check them out. I have pictures if you want to see them. :D

Aluminium radiators and jet washes do not mix, we had a dozy slap arse at work who destroyed 3 transit vans radiators in one morning when jet washing the vans, bless she wasn't the sharpest pencil in the box.

Visited a dealer in Surrey, over the weekend and looked at their demo XR. The rad fins were quite badly damaged and when I commented the guy said, the cleaner goes too hard with the pressure washer :blast FFS. I said I was thinking of rad guards and he said good idea but we as a dealer are not allowed to fit them. Fast forward to Monday and I ask my friendly Yorkshire dealer about rad guards for my new bike and they said "no problem we'll happily fit them to your new bike for you if you drop them in before delivery.

I looked at the R&G ones, but the Evotech are much nicer. If it's not too late, check them out. I have pictures if you want to see them. :D

Nutty. What fairing an dother bits need removing and how do you do it......when fitting the Evotech guards......I'm dangerous with spanners, might have the engine out if not clued up!

Nutty. What fairing an dother bits need removing and how do you do it......when fitting the Evotech guards......I'm dangerous with spanners, might have the engine out if not clued up!

You just have to loosen the bolts holding the side fairings on, and remove the bellypan. When you remove the bellypan, you need something blunt to tap out the plastic retaining plugs. Be careful, as you'll need to reuse these.

It's a 15-20 minute job at the most.:thumb

I felt the R&G would give more airflow but there really is nothing between them in IMHO. Is that a turntable under your centre stand?

I felt the R&G would give more airflow but there really is nothing between them in IMHO. Is that a turntable under your centre stand?

There probably isn't much in it, I prefer the look of the Evotech though.:thumb

Yep, it's a turntable. Makes life much easier.

c48bb7da9d97eac2a5a25ab7c0c03cd8.jpg

I've brought a set of these for my bike I think it's a German company but look good and at £73:00 the set a reasonable price.
I will post photos and what the quality and fit is like when they arrive oh and of course I need my bike too ( Mon 27th collection day)

Terry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Nutty
I've just brought the same wheel rim decals but in white to match my bike. Are they easy to fit, I want to make sure they are right.
I've put plenty of decals on in the past like on dirt bikes so I'm pretty confident, but just want your opinion

Cheers Terry

I like the the Racefoxx and the Evo-Techs.

Shame neither are in stock!

Hi Nutty
I've just brought the same wheel rim decals but in white to match my bike. Are they easy to fit, I want to make sure they are right.
I've put plenty of decals on in the past like on dirt bikes so I'm pretty confident, but just want your opinion

Cheers Terry

Sorry, just seen this.:blast I got the rim tape from eBay, and it's very easy to install. You get 3 pieces per wheel, so we used some old rim tape to measure an equal gap between each strip, then the rest was easy.:thumb

Yep Thats the problem I have

I want to order some now but no one has stock

Get them on back order; you haven't got the bike yet.:rob:D

I was chatting to the manager of my local dealership today about accessories and mods, radiator guards in particular.

He stated that adding 3rd party radiator/cooler guards would void the warranty as it would affect the airflow through the rad & cooler!?

Back
Top Bottom