Battery Capacity

Brenchleyhibs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've ordered mine (a red one of course) with a Tracker installed. I now understand that the original fit battery is not big enough to support an alarm or Tracker for more than a couple of days without running it flat.

Anyone else out there running an alarm or a Tracker on the standard battery? Does it flatten your battery after 2-3 days?? Do I need to buy the bigger battery?

Cheers,
Andy

Would it running flat after 3-4 days make much difference?
Any access to power where you park the bike ?

Unfortunately it'll be kept outside with no access to power or a trickle charger etc.

I wouldn't want to leave it over a long weekend to find that it wouldn't start when needed.

I haven't been able to find out the current draw of the Tracker or the BMW alarm from the dealer as yet.

I wouldn't bother with an alarm or tracker, as they make f all difference to the insurance premiums.

Feck off I am not Buyingf an Akra

Not this year any way and besides I am waiting for a Yoshi or termi

I wonder how long it will take the others to bring out a new exhaust.

I wouldn't bother with an alarm or tracker, as they make f all difference to the insurance premiums.

The Honda Firestorm I brought to get me through the early summer while waiting for delivery has an alarm and fob what a pain in the ass it is too, can't move the bloody thing without it going off. Can't wash it without the key fob with me to make sure it's on maintenance mode. All 4 of my last new bikes I've not had an alarm and its bliss, if someone is going to nick your bike they will whatever security you have, and like you say it makes naff all difference to your premium.

No alarm for me never again Terry

Back
Top Bottom