Dunlop Roadsmart 2 - Anyone Tried Em??

Sportsmart would be better than Roadsmart for trackdays, but not sure what bike you are thinking of fitting the Roadsmarts to.

Roadsmarts on a GS would be fine (based on my use of Pilot Road 2 on two trackdays) and comparing that tyre with Roadsmart 1 tyres.

Sure - why not!

Al

I have a Roadsmart 2 on the rear of my MT09 Tracer - it is the closest match to the Japan only D222 tyre fitted in the factory.

It's a good tyre for my use, tested on a 2000 mile trip to the Vosges & Burgundy in France. Grip well in the wet and dry. Hopefully last a long time as they have deep tread grooves.

I wouldn't use them on a track day on a super sports bike - they are a high mileage touring tyre.

I have used Michelin PR4 in the past and they are very similar in performance terms. Time will tell if they offer similar mileage.

Will be fitting them to a LC Adventure

I've used Pilot Road 3 and 4, Continental Trail Attack 1 and 2 and Tourance Next on track days and found the Pilot Road 4 had the best grip.

Was hoping to get some positive feedback on the Dunlop Road smart 2 to give them a try. Otherwise I'll probably just stick with PR4

Dunlop

Yes,
I have tried all of the popular makes on my LC over the last 2 years and the RS2 very very good and much under rated. the front holds a perfect line and much better that the PR4 and is also good in the wet. The rear tends to be beyond it`s best at half worn.
Interestingly I have just fitted a set of the new Roadsmart trails from Dunlop and I really like them for general road use but not enough miles yet to form a good report but so far really good and well worth considering as an all rounder. You would get away with RS2 on a odd track day but for the front of a LC your choice is limited due to it`s size .
Den

Had them on a 2009 RT did a trackday at Castle Coombe and lots of wet winter riding wouldnt hesitate in recommending them. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom