CaJa Sahel : Tourenkoffer :

Civil have you got that site of yours to let me see picks on it yet?

i turned off zone alarm and i still can get no pics:confused:

i hope your not doing that to wind me up
:D

Straps

Well if you dont like the standard ones , what about these.
You can have a choice of Cast , , Or Plastic.
The Plastic ones have a double pivot and i am told are stronger.
These are ideal for Your U lock , you can clip it on outside safely.
Oh and as you can see you can also have the decals any colour
you want.

Attachments

• lid catch .jpg
    lid catch .jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,738
I'm interested in these Civil but not until late summer.

One question though which I can't seem to find the answer to on you site but how do these mount and are the mounts included in the £500

Mounting

The Pannier Mounts directly to the Frame.
Plain old fashioned Nuts "n" Bolts.
Everything you need is included in the £500.
That Get you a std set.
I am hoping to have powder coated options soon.

Hi Civil, subsequent to our phone call I will definately be considering your panniers. You sound like someone I would trust to do business with and your panniers look the biz.

Cheers

John

Re: Cajasahel.com

the civil one said:

no mud mound seems big enough to hide these monstrsities!!!

or did the bike get stuck due to the panniers??:confused: :mad:

Well I think the look no worse than the other aluminium coffins on the market.

The powder coating inside is an excellent idea.

Good luck with them Civil :thumb

BLUE(UK) said:
Sorry but i dont like em.

And

Me too `ol Blue!

Fair enough....but why???

It might be fun to poke old Civil, and from time to time he might have even deserved it, but it's bollox to just pop up and say 'waaahhhh I don't like them!!!'

As Roger says, they look no worse than any other panniers out there, and if they're well made, I can't see what there is to dislike TBH...so have your own opinions, but maybe justify them and explain why???

Well if I was in the market I'd give them a good look over, one thing they seem to have on their side over another type I won't mention is they seem to be available, on that score alone they are a serious contender.

Frankly I just cannot understand your patience TBH :confused:

looks

these boxes like all the others are not designed primarily from a looks point of view,
They are designed to be functional, to do a job , that is to carry luggage through thick and thin , to sustain crashes, falls, dropping the bike, still keeping the contents securly intact.The blue powder coating is quite a bit darker in reality and actually looks well.I had this problem with a previous touratech set and i had to line the panniers with leatherette in order to stop the aluminium destroying my clothing in the panniers, the powder coating avoids all of this. I also in the past suffered from the melted clothing syndrome because of using a remus exhaust my coolmax t shirts ,the exhaust ext. remedies this.
and stuff were ruined. I think civil with his immense pannier experience has got 95% of the way (well more than tt or even jesse james) towards the ideal pannier set . I think civil is at the stage where he can give a money back guarantee, having addressed most of the inital development concerns (especially those that he had with previous sets of jesse bags and tt panniers ).
to say that these are not nice then the oppositions offerings are definitley not nice either but then again the gs is probably one of the nicest ugliest bikes ever made.
sorry for going on a bit.

Lads n Ladies,
I took a wee trip up to Civil the other week to have a look at the panniers, and in all honesty I was blown away by them...

1-the panniers are designed for the serious traveller
2-the work manship is first class
3- the finish on the panniers outside and inside is outstanding
4-Civil has takin the time to ask us what we require from a pannier and has put this into place.
5-These panniers are custom made so its all down to your own needs what spec is on them.
6-The best value for money panniers Ive seen.

Back
Top Bottom