Waterproof over trousers for fat lanky blokes?

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Loads on Ebay, but apart from listing sizes up to 4xl, none of them (that I've seen so far) have any actual measurements.......I want a LONG (34 inch Inside leg) fat (44 inch plus a few for over workwear) pair of trews......Yes I could go to an Army surplus store but the closest decent one is Lavenham Army surplus in Sudbury (thoroughly recommended BTW) and by the time I've bimbled out there and back, that's the same amount for fuel as a cheap random pair from Ebay :blast

So......a request from proper tosser sized men here.....what's good, cheap, available and will fit please?

I'm not quite as big but I hunted high and low a few weeks ago whilst up near Oban. Couldn't find anything that didn't ride up to the knees once on the bike.

In the end I opted for a cheap pair from Tescos outdoor section for £7. Not breathable but for the times I needed them were perfect. Big elastic waist. Easily pulled over the boots and didn't ride up.

I'm not quite as big but I hunted high and low a few weeks ago whilst up near Oban. Couldn't find anything that didn't ride up to the knees once on the bike.

In the end I opted for a cheap pair from Tescos outdoor section for £7. Not breathable but for the times I needed them were perfect. Big elastic waist. Easily pulled over the boots and didn't ride up.

That's pretty much what I've concluded I'll have to do.......it'll only be a few months before the 'stitch will be in daily use, but for those odd 'caught out by the forecast moment, a cheapo pair like that will do me fine :beerjug:

That's pretty much what I've concluded I'll have to do.......it'll only be a few months before the 'stitch will be in daily use, but for those odd 'caught out by the forecast moment, a cheapo pair like that will do me fine :beerjug:

Go to your local farmers country store - loads of cheap waterproof trews in there

I use a £10 pair of oilskin type for beating & shooting in winter

Back
Top Bottom