Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A huge thank you

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Safely home and reflecting on the outstanding generousity of Bill and the hard work that must go in to organising an event like this. Thanks to everyone involved. A superb event which seemed to be enjoyed by all.

Must remember to stand closer to the pizza oven if there is ever a repeat, that way I may get to taste some more of the creations.

I'm surprised that Rastus, clearly a dog of excellant breeding, continues to associate with Att although it appears that he elequently expressed an opinion this weekend.

Lastly, just to confirm I'm a twat of the highest calibre (though most probably know this already), I managed to loose another pair of glasses on the way home. Stopped to layer up at Tebay and that was the last I saw of them. Only realised I wasn't wearing them when I couldn't read the predicted arrival time on the satnav. Prescription bifocul, reactolite..........., even more bloody expensive than the last lot I lost at STD2. Aaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhh.
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Bill, you've excelled yourself.

I'd told my non GS riding mate about the bash, and he was worried he wouldn't enjoy it. On our way to Wales today, he said that as soon as booking for next year is open, we are in.

Not happy that Att wouldn't answer the knocking on his door at midnight, but it was funny waking the dog up knowing that Dave would've been doing his nut!

The come down from this will be big.

Size 11.5 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Thanks for the accolades, as you all realize there are many involved in making a weekend happen and I lost count of the number of people who quietly asked if there was anything they could do to help.
    Being in the middle of the county helps to draw folks from far and wide, many who haven't seen each other for a few years, so if it helps reunite old friends, so much the better. The numbers who came across the water to be in Staffordshire was nice to see.
    I was given some hand made gifts, a craftsman made knife which feels so right when in the hand, and a caricature drawing which has captured much more than just my image, it's like someone has been following me about for a few months and seen what really goes on around those barns. A fine Irish pewter mug which will only be filled with milk for a day or two whilst I try to rescue a few of the remaining brain cells.
    The weather was with us for the ride-outs and the outside catering, everyone should have a pizza oven I think.
    I do get quite stressed in the couple of weeks leading up to the event, and this carried over somewhat into the event itself this year.
    Thank you all for coming and our thoughts are with those unable to attend for whatever reason this year and those fighting their own personal battles as well.
    Cheers everyone.
    Bill Jakey and Crumpet.
    Illegitimis nil carborundum

Thanks from me too Bill, what a great weekend with great company and great food. Everything was taken care of for us.

Am I the only one that by paying so little it feels like we've had Bill over?
    Any spelling mistakes, punctuation errors or missuse of capitals are intentional and are designed to wind up the doughnuts amongst us.

I should change this Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I can only echo what everyone else has said. Thank you so much once again Bill for another excellent event. It was great to see old friends, some of which I haven't seen for a few years now, and to meet a few new ones as well.
    How long is it until the next one and when does the booking open?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronno View Post
    Then I remembered. He doesn't ride a GS. Therefore he aint at the sharp end of Dudeness...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    'Where there's offence, there's brass'

The man himself

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

What an absolutely cracking weekend, it was fantastic to meet up with everybody and for Helly to meet some of these miscreants at last.

An enormous thanks to Bill the Alchemist who has somehow managed to distill out the spirit of UKGSer for all to enjoy over one glorious weekend

Stay Frosty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    massive thanks to bill for organising such a fantastic event. + syco for the curry, dan for the pizza, flipfly for breckie, andrew for the ride out and bill again, cos he deserves it.

oh, and everyone who tirelessly threw the ball for Bentley

Poor Bentley must have a sore arse. That other lab spent most of Friday shagging him

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    Safely home and reflecting on the outstanding generousity of Bill and the hard work that must go in to organising an event like this. Thanks to everyone involved. A superb event which seemed to be enjoyed by all.

Must remember to stand closer to the pizza oven if there is ever a repeat, that way I may get to taste some more of the creations.

I'm surprised that Rastus, clearly a dog of excellant breeding, continues to associate with Att although it appears that he elequently expressed an opinion this weekend.

Lastly, just to confirm I'm a twat of the highest calibre (though most probably know this already), I managed to loose another pair of glasses on the way home. Stopped to layer up at Tebay and that was the last I saw of them. Only realised I wasn't wearing them when I couldn't read the predicted arrival time on the satnav. Prescription bifocul, reactolite..........., even more bloody expensive than the last lot I lost at STD2. Aaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhh.
    At least my pair that fell into the portaloo were poundshop ones.

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Stay Frosty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Farmer View Post
    Poor Bentley must have a sore arse. That other lab spent most of Friday shagging him
    he kept that quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    Some just never learn.......
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Farmer View Post
    It was Bentley doing the shagging to my lab.

My Lab ain't queer

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Some just never learn.......
    You are so right! I've decided that I need to train myself to always put them in a pocket when I take them off. I had a habit of hanging them on the tie down point on the pannier, hung there for about 20 miles on Saturday's bimble. The speed and cross wind as I rejoined the motorway must have been too much
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

I can't really add to all above as I ain't great with words.
    Many thanks to all that made this weekend what it was.

Bloody Brilliant.

Bill you a Diamond

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    And a big thank you to Si for friday nights superb curry selection ..
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast