Another take on bar vibes

How do the affect the heated grips as i am considering some but dont want to sacrifice the heat output too much

Wait until you get the bike, and find out what a storm in a teacup the whole vibe issue is.:thumb

Wait until you get the bike, and find out what a storm in a teacup the whole vibe issue is.:thumb

Yes it has a few minor vibes at certain Revs but I've forgotten them already to be honest I can't even tell you at what revs you feel them.
All bikes vibe somewhere at a certain revs but once you just get on it and ride it, you soon forget them, and the only reason I've tried to find them is because someone has said about them.
Most people that have brought one I've no doubt had a GS or a twin before and to them it feels revvy. I've had a twin for the past 5 years and it is taking a bit of getting used to going back to a 4.

Storm in a tea cup big time

Terry

I find that if i think about the vibes at about 5k i notice them but unless on a motorway and tootling along the bike is rarely in that zone and when its above 7k the last thing on earth you are doing is worrying about vibes but rather worrying about your life and license

I have Grip Buddies on mine and the heated grips seem to work the same as on my GS. They improve the vibes but they never bothered me that much in the first place.

I have Grip Buddies on mine and the heated grips seem to work the same as on my GS. They improve the vibes but they never bothered me that much in the first place.

Update, The first cold ride today and the Grip Buddies defiantly reduced the performance of the heated grips, full power heat was about the same as half power. So I've taken them off. (It was worth a try)

The Vibes seem to have almost gone anyway.

Update, The first cold ride today and the Grip Buddies defiantly reduced the performance of the heated grips, full power heat was about the same as half power. So I've taken them off. (It was worth a try)

The Vibes seem to have almost gone anyway.
Approaching 1k miles now and the bike is really getting smoother. Vibes, to me, are now no more than my last GS. Open the throttle around 6000rpm and before you realize your up over 10000rpm. :D

I ride with the balls of my feet on the footrests, my heels resting back on the heel guards.

Yesterday, by way of something to do, I moved my feet forward so that I rode with my instep on the the footrests instead. I could then maybe feel the vibration that bods are talking about, albeit through the footrests. Moving my feet back to ride on the balls of my feet again and the vibration went away.

Bods are reporting that the vibrations go away as the mileage increases. Either the bike is loosening up a bit or fellows are getting used to the vibes or maybe they are riding more consistently at the higher ends of the excellent rev range...Or maybe a combination of all three. I can't say that I was much troubled by any vibration either way.

Hi all
much like most are saying on here the vibes aren't to much of an issue and I've all but forgotten them, but if you set your cruise control to about 70ish, then using your finger and thumb to lightly grip you can feel the vibes are far more worse on the right hand grip than the left also the very ends of the bars are vibrating a lot you get a real buzzing which follows round the hand guards too.

in my opinion the amount of play on the throttle accounts for the right side being worse, and I would assume fitting heavier bar end weights would further reduce the vibes.

but like most have found out by actually riding it, its not a big issue.

Terry

Met a bloke in Scotland who said he had tested one and would not buy one because of the terrible vibrations. He got quite snotty when i told hime that was a piss poor excuse for not buying one and asked him what his real reason was !

He rode off on a very old rattly airhead !

Met a bloke in Scotland who said he had tested one and would not buy one because of the terrible vibrations. He got quite snotty when i told hime that was a piss poor excuse for not buying one and asked him what his real reason was !

He rode off on a very old rattly airhead !

It amazes me how some bods like to make negative comments about a bike they have never owned.
I reckon it is mostly envy and they probably don't even realise what green eyed dickheads that they sound like to every one else, trying to justify why they didn't buy a bike that subconsciously they would love to own.
If you don't have anything pleasant of constructive to say don't say anything

It amazes me how some bods like to make negative comments about a bike they have never owned.
I reckon it is mostly envy and they probably don't even realise what green eyed dickheads that they sound like to every one else, trying to justify why they didn't buy a bike that subconsciously they would love to own.
Spot on

I would love to own many many bikes (even a KTM or 3 ) I had to chose just one and i picked the XR and love it, Had i picked a different bike i would have loved that too but would not have used false justification as to why i didn't buy the others

I test rode one took it back after an hour and now I've got a GSA on order. I think it's mostly just different opinions, or looking for something different in a bike, not bitterness, many think the Watercooled GS is no good for a variety of reasons. I wasn't keen on the XR because I felt there was a high pitched vibe at 5 k revs that from experience would be uncomfortable after a while eg after a long day. may have been initial miles (bike was on 3k), my riding style, the bike I am currently riding which has just imo in terms of comfort spoilt me, fook knows but I can only speak as I personally found it. My opinion.

Anyone who owns one seems very happy, it's undoubtably a cracking bike, just not for everyone.

vibes

Has anyone tried filling the bars with leadshot - or silicon?
Will the bars take a cross brace; like a trail bike?
(Just like to add - I wish I had the problem in my garage.)

I test rode one took it back after an hour and now I've got a GSA on order. I think it's mostly just different opinions, or looking for something different in a bike, not bitterness, many think the Watercooled GS is no good for a variety of reasons. I wasn't keen on the XR because I felt there was a high pitched vibe at 5 k revs that from experience would be uncomfortable after a while eg after a long day. may have been initial miles (bike was on 3k), my riding style, the bike I am currently riding which has just imo in terms of comfort spoilt me, fook knows but I can only speak as I personally found it. My opinion.

Anyone who owns one seems very happy, it's undoubtably a cracking bike, just not for everyone.

I have had a GS water-cooled and I reckon it's a brilliant bike, Loved it to bits. It's all about whatever floats your boat. I happen to like the XR a bit more, but thats just me and the type of riding I like to do.
My previous comment was about bods who come on the S1000XR forum to just pick fault with the bike when they have nothing pleasant to say at all....Trolls
Even if someone finds a feature about the bike they don't like there are still many positives they could mention to balance their argument and make themselves sound like they have a considered opinion.
One guy just came on to say that he thinks it is too expensive so he bought a Japanese bike. I hope he is very happy with his choice but why come on here to justify his decision and moan about the bike he perhaps couldn't afford unless he secretly wanted the XR
I would not think of going on the Honda Cross Dresser forum just to slag it off............................lol moan over.

Back
Top Bottom