Another take on bar vibes

As you may see from my other post I have just replaced the rear tyre and the vibes are more noticeable again !

No where near as bad as when it was new and nowhere near enough to detract from my enjoyment but more noticable all the same

As you may see from my other post I have just replaced the rear tyre and the vibes are more noticeable again !

No where near as bad as when it was new and nowhere near enough to detract from my enjoyment but more noticable all the same

What have you fitted. I've got BT30's.
BTW if you ever fancy a ride out mid week let me know, I live near Howden.

No negative comments from me, I rode the XR and enjoyed it, didn't find vibes overly intrusive, goes like the the clappers and is very agile. It just wasn't the all round package I need to consolidate 2 bikes to 1 for daily commute, two up touring and having a blast at weekends, so I am leaning to a 1290SA for my immediate needs. But I'd seriously consider an XR as an option in the future as a second bike or if my requirements change. Enjoy the XR you lucky buggers! ;)

S1000XR vibes

I done 3k on mine now , vibes were getting better but really bad at 70mph in top
fitted heavier bar ends , this helped a lot , I have also now filled the bars with lead shot
its now a different bike , bar vibes gone Brilliant bike

Steve :thumb

I done 3k on mine now , vibes were getting better but really bad at 70mph in top
fitted heavier bar ends , this helped a lot , I have also now filled the bars with lead shot
its now a different bike , bar vibes gone Brilliant bike

Steve :thumb

Lead shot eh? Simple as that :blast

made some stainless bar end weights for myself and a mate 1set three times heavier than the std black tapered bmw version this reduced vibes and moved them down to around 65 mph,2nd set were 5 times heavier and vibes now worst at 60 mph and hardly noticeable.

Whilst I do love Beemers (I own 3...), the lack of a meaningful response from the Mothership (apart from NEIN), to a proven problem is very annoying.

I had an XR for a second time as a loaner whilst my S was in for service the other day. The vibes are annoying, and most certainly present from around 4 to 5. They detract from what is a really great bike.

Having to fit accessory bar ends on a 28K (Oz $) bike is crazy...

Back
Top Bottom