....only in Scotland

I think you're still misunderstanding the literary term "imagery". As I said, it means using metaphor etc, not creating smutty pictures in one's head.

From an online dictionary:

OK, I have no problem with smut, sex, debauchery or other kinky shenanigans. Anything that happens between two consenting, informed adults is nobondy's business but theirs, therefore I see no problem per se in the generation of sexual imagery.

I work to deal with the effects of sexual abuse and to support victims/catch offenders. There is no correlation between not wanting people to be abused and not wanting sex to exist. The fact that you think I conjure up sexual imagery, does not mean my position on sexual abuse is diminished. If you think it does, please show how, because your line of reasoning confuses me.

I think that depends on how literally one interprets things. While it could be indicative of the kind of concrete thinking which is present in schizophrenia it's not necessarily the case. For example, I'm not fond of using 'cünt' as a term of abuse because I think it's degrading to women. I'm with the radical feminists who'd reclaim it as an acceptable term for female genitalia.

I have some sympathies with that argument, but for me it is simply a word. I guess the juvenile part of me likes the fact that some people don't like it, which makes it more attractive, but I don't see it as any different to calling someone a pussy (or pussyhole, as the saggy waistband generation are prone to say), for example. Both terms referring to vagina. One is inexplicably viewed as worse than the other, even when they are used in the same way.

Both terms referring to vagina. One is inexplicably viewed as worse than the other, even when they are used in the same way.

If we're being precise, they refer to vulva and vagina rather than just vagina which is the internal passage. Vagina - Latin vagina "sheath, scabbard. Medical science defines your internal genital organ as a scabbard for a sword like penis. Don't you just love male hegemony? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom