EAR PLUGS FOR SWMBO.

L'Escargot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,no doubt this will be moved to the appropriate area but I need to know if anyone can recommend fitted ear plugs for my beloved !! (Might need some myself too ! )
She has very shallow ear canals,so she tells me,cos when I shove the normal type chuck away ones in for her she moans that they hurt.:green gri She doesn't get on too well putting her own in !!
No comments about depth or shoving in required :D:D
Thinking about getting some of the moulded to shape ones that you see at the Bike shows etc.
We live in Leicester (someone has too !:mad: ) and will travel to get what is best really,so any help/advice appreciated.:thumb2
Cheers.

Have a look at Alpine Motosafe ear plugs quite small and the tube can be cut back a bit as well. Very comfy for me but ear plugs are a funny thing, but for about £15 worth a try?

Sent using Tapatalk

Talk to Ultimate Ear (EA)

They do plugs with and without built in speakers for music and comms. Not just for motorcylists but every one from musicians to military. I'm sure they will be able to give sound advice (deliberate pun) and provide a suitable product.

I had the impressions of my ear taken by a local to me audiologist, they put a wad of soft material into the ear and then fill onto that. I have weird shaped ear canals and a previous set of plugs weren't too successful as they weren't long enough. I spoke to the audiologist about this and he made them a bit longer. The impressions went off to EA and the monitor plugs I ordered came back. Superb, still using them years later. So comfortable I sleep with them in at Tosser do's to block out the snoring from surrounding tents.

No connection with EA apart from being a very happy customer.

P.S. They also suppress a lot more noise than the disposable ones but are selective so wind noise and high frequencies are very effectively blocked but you will still hear the roar of a car tyre moving into your blind spot on a motorway.

Drop Micky of this parish a PM. I can tell you he is doing a fitting day on 1st August at Rainbow as in driving up there to meet him. I have seen good feedback about his work.

Tom

Cheers all !! Many thanks for the help,gonna try all we can to get the best result.Also will save me having to put the damn things in for her,not that I mind really !! (Much !!)

Tom, can you give me an idea of how long it takes to get them after the fitting date ?
We're off to Croatia on 22nd August !

Drop Micky of this parish a PM. I can tell you he is doing a fitting day on 1st August at Rainbow as in driving up there to meet him. I have seen good feedback about his work.

Tom

Have a look HERE :thumb2

$_12.JPG

I've made several sets for myself from these kits, and they're great......it's a very simple process, takes only ten minutes and the results are really good.

I've usually put a cord between the two plugs so they stay together, and I mark one side (in my case the Right one) so I never get the two mixed up.

You get enough putty stuff to make several pairs per kit......I've even got a spare kit I bought a while back so when/if I lose the current pair I'm using, I can make a new, up-to date shape set the same night :)

PS to add the cord, I just cut it to length, knotted both ends and started by embedding the knots in the putty before moulding it to my ear

IMG_00000287-X2.jpg

Tom, can you give me an idea of how long it takes to get them after the fitting date ?
We're off to Croatia on 22nd August !

Micky took my impressions on Saturday, popped them in the Special Delivery bag I gave him - on the Monday, and Royal Mail delivered to me on the Tuesday. Ask him if he can do same for you. Prepay and label the bag for him - makes it easy.

Al

Micky did mine too , impressions then posted on very quickly. Excellent they are. Julie going to have some done as her old ones (8 years old) have split.
I have had Mickys earplugs on 12 hr rides. Long tours riding everyday ,worth the money hell yes. Highly recommended:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom