Enduro helmet - end of line reductions

rossi

Reaction score
The BMW Enduro helmet has been phased out of the BMW lineup and replaced with a new vesion called the GS helmet. There are currently a few Enduro helmets going cheap as dealers clear their old stocks. I was able to buy a gloss painted one to replace my 5 year old matt grey helmet for £175 which is surely a bargain. Check eBay as some of the dealers are advertising them there, but it may also be worth a phone round as I was able to track down a size M this way. Not many sizes left but I saw a grey XS for £119 and there are currently some S, L and XL available.

After 5 years and around 40k miles, I have to say I am very impressed with the Enduro helmet. The visor on the grey one was getting a bit loose and flappy. I could have rectified this with another new visor and a screw pack which contains replacement mounting posts, but the rubber seal had split so that the visor also leaked in the rain. Other than that the helmet is still good and the fit hasn't gone sloppy on my head. Since it hasn't had any impacts I am going to continue using it with goggles as a dirt only lid.

On the new helmet I noticed that the visor will not contact the peak when raised, even with the peak in the lowest position. This was never a problem for me with my old helmet as I just adjusted the peak so it was slightly above the lowest position, but it is good to know the problem was addressed at some point. The rubber visor seal has also been updated to a more robust looking version which is good as the original seal was a weak-point. I only had the grey helmet because the seal also failed on my original white helmet, fortunately just inside the 2 year warranty period.

So I have a nice shiny new lid for less than I paid for my original one 7 years ago. Get 'em while you can.

second that,ive just replaced my 5 year old enduro with a new one for 159 from ebay,can use my dark visor from the old one and lots of money saved!!!

Another one here, got a dark grey one for £120 a bit back. Nowt wrong with it apart from being snug around my lugs :)

Back
Top Bottom