Klim badlands 2015

barrygs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am about to purchase a new jacket and have decided on the new badlands from Klim. I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience with it. How do they fit are they true to the size chart? I'm probably going to go with the black but haven't ruled out the hi viz one, does anyone have a black one that can post a pic of Them wearing it to give me an idea? No Klim shops here in Ireland so I can't touch before I buy.

Hi BarryGS,

I tried the new Badlands on last week ago, I'm 5.8", 41"-42" Chest, and 13.5 stone.

I would normally buy a 'Large' but the Large was way too big, sleeve length was almost to my knuckles, too big across chest and around the body so I have ordered a Medium jacket. Same scenario with the Pants, I have ordered a 32 and can't remember back far enough to when I could fit in a 32" waist!!

Pictures attached are me wearing Black & Grey jacket in Large, a Black in Medium.

Attachments

• IMG_1757.jpg
    IMG_1757.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,038
  • IMG_1758.jpg
    IMG_1758.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 908
Thanks jonno58 great help I have decided on the black with the medium can you fit a fleece or inner jacket inside? What size waist are you by the as I was going to order 34?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi barrygs,

I wear Merino Tops for layering and don't envisage any problems adding another to what I had on. I'm a 34" waist normally, the 34 waist did fit the waist though the leg length was so long that they easily scraped on the floor if left unadjusted. Using the two leg adjusters and the bottom stud on the last of the three 'held' the pant in place to avoid the scraping but they were very very baggy from the arse down to the knee. Tried the 32" and whilst a bit tighter round the waist not too tight (hence my surprise) to be uncomfortable, then didn't scrape on the floor, no sagging in the rear, hardly any adjustment needed and felt 'right'.

I have more pics if you ping me your e-mail I will send them all across, some sat on bike later tonight, just going out for a ride right now!

Thanks jonno pm with email on the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not so much of an issue for you, but they dont seem to size up sleves in the same ratio as the body. So the larger sizes tend to have tighter sleeve which can be an issue for getting other clothing underneath.

I got a new badlands suit only two weeks ago in black possibly the best buy I have made for a very long time

I purchased a badlands jacket a month ago.....felt a bit stiff at first but very soon loosened up. i normally wear a large in BMW rallye stuff and got the same in the Klim badlands...used it around Switzerland in heat and rain and it was top notch......the numerous vents are fantastic. Got home and wore it in torrential rain and was as dry as snuff, this is a first for me as all other jackets would not cope in that downpour. The only moan is the kidney belt that sits inside the jacked and fastens with velchro....it disappears inside the jacket everytime i take it off... all in all the best jacket by a million miles..and i got the hi vis and pleased i did in the poor visibility in torrential rain. You need some thing under it tho in cooler weather as it is not a warm winter jacket.... Oh...and get it from Gaz and the team at Adventure Bike Warehouse in Manchester as the service is top notch and you even get a free coffee or two......

Yep I agree with the kidney belt

Just need to remember to refasten it behind your back when removing the jacket and hey presto its there for you when you next put the jacket on - the only way I could make it work but overall I'm thrilled with mine :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom