Advice required - R1200GS LC (2013) - Retrofit cruise control

Marius in Africa

Reaction score
Hi all

I would like guidance and advise from people who have already retrofitted cruise control onto a 2013 R1200GS (LC).

It would appear that I need to get three parts, these being:
  • A new throttle
  • A new left hand multifunction switch
  • A dual micro switch

I found the part numbers on the A&S BMW Motorcycles webpages. The parts list does not show that any additional / new wiring is required.

Questions:
Since no additional wiring is shown, my assumption is that the new items plug into the existing wiring loom / connector plugs - Is this correct?
Where does the dual micro switch mount / fit?
Does the bike need to go to BMW afterwards to activate the system / reprogram the control unit?

Regards

The microswitch assembly mounts to the underside of the clutch fluid reservoir so it's activated when you pull the lever; there doesn't seem to be an additional wiring harness available for cruise so hopefully it all plugs into the existing loom. I can't tell you whether the bike needs a dealer to activate cruise control or not.

The microswitch assembly mounts to the underside of the clutch fluid reservoir so it's activated when you pull the lever; there doesn't seem to be an additional wiring harness available for cruise so hopefully it all plugs into the existing loom. I can't tell you whether the bike needs a dealer to activate cruise control or not.

Thanks Andy

I called a dealer today and after taking to them decided to take the bike to them to get the cruise control fitted. They offered me a good price and it is hassle free.

Not too sure what to say, as the previous post was nearly four years ago, so along with the changes in the exchange rate...........
OP inactive for nearly a year........

UK dealer recently offered to retrofit cruise to a used 2018 1200GS for £400.
As the switchgear is not much less than that I would presume it's a replacement switch and plug in and activate.

UK dealer recently offered to retrofit cruise to a used 2018 1200GS for £400.
As the switchgear is not much less than that I would presume it's a replacement switch and plug in and activate.

That’s a good price as it’s a £400 option on a new base model bike

Back
Top Bottom