Lahinch

is it that worn out!!!!!

Is it that bad NOW ?????
I used to catch that boat very frequently(every month or sd for several years......... until about 1998.
No its not the best boat i've ever been on.but the cabins were ok (noisy engines) and the food was adequate. The Guinnes or Murphys was fine, as was the Cailih band !!!!!!
I seem to remember it being a greek vessel, the crew spoke little english.
The big plus point is the fact you get into Carigaline at 7am in the morning so you have a full day in ireland. The outside cabins are better and i think reasonably priced for a 2 berth deluxe.
Coming back we are doing the fast Rosslare-Fishguard, but then we're only going home:D :beer:

Re: is it that worn out!!!!!

MATKAT said:
Is it that bad NOW ?????
I used to catch that boat very frequently(every month or sd for several years......... until about 1998.
No its not the best boat i've ever been on.but the cabins were ok (noisy engines) and the food was adequate. The Guinnes or Murphys was fine, as was the Cailih band !!!!!!
I seem to remember it being a greek vessel, the crew spoke little english.
The big plus point is the fact you get into Carigaline at 7am in the morning so you have a full day in ireland. The outside cabins are better and i think reasonably priced for a 2 berth deluxe.
Coming back we are doing the fast Rosslare-Fishguard, but then we're only going home:D :beer:

Fred you are describing 'Superferry' its the same boat with the same crew (or at least from the same neck of the woods), as you say the boat is adequate for getting a simple meal, a quick jar and off to the bed.

No it doesn't have the facilities of the modern and bigger vessels but its good enough and no other ferry puts you into the finest location in Ireland, and that'll do fer me :thumb

Phew !!!!

Thanks Judge, Sue was decidly jittery about 'that' boat, and to think she is a budding sea kayaker :D (ably taught by yours truly of course:beer: )
cant imagine the boat has changed much.mind the best one i've been on goes from Stockholm to helsinki..now there's a ferry !!!!!! Mmmmm thats a thought:D

Back
Top Bottom