ABW Off road Training course

ferrol

Reaction score
Did the offroad course offered by the excellent Adventure Bike Warehouse ([URL="http://www.adventurebikewarehouse.com/epages/BT4672.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4672/Categories/Offroad_Training"]http://www.adventurebikewarehouse.com/epages/BT4672.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4672/Categories/Offroad_Training[/URL] )

Having spoken previously with Skygod before I booked I requested that I'd like to do it on my own bike. But sensibly he suggest I have a go at breaking his bike first before my own. :thumby:

I requested an early session as I get up early and it was arrange to meet up to have a days fun. So accommodating they are!

Nice chat and brew before we started to find out what I actually needed and if there were any goals I had in mind, this I believe would shape how the course would be tailored. Seen as it was only myself I had a nice private session with 1-to-1 tuition :)

Start off with some theory then basic maneuvers and seeing what the bike does when riding over a obstacle. (surprising to me very little!) This built up some nice confidence with my own bike. So I was pretty chuffed.
i-tS2qDzq.jpg

After this on to braking drills and hills in a diff venue, quarry area. Loads of gravel to play on.
Turns out my hill starts need er..... more work. Was great fun though.
i-tnBRfsj.jpg

Then its couple of laps putting ruts and what I've learnt altogether to see how things gel.
i-r8Hg29F.jpg

Oh yer in there breakfast happened as well, nice fry up at the Yonderman.

Trail riding last thing to tie it all together and put what I'd learnt into real life application. With Skygod giving feedback and tips when ever appropriate. Though I did have a moment nearly riding into a dry stone wall, it was a.... clenching moment to say the least. Video footage doesn't look to bad, will upload it once I get back from hols. It was fun.... really..

At the ending of the day, I'd thoroughly enjoyed myself and learnt a lot of useful skills, still need more practice on certain things but I know where I can do this now.

Would I recommend this? Yes, it was great fun, had a patient tutor and did I mention fun as well?!

Well done mate :thumby:

Have done the stage 1 course myself and it's great to master the basics....:D

Back
Top Bottom