R1200R WC Givi top box fitting

Gyp

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As my bracket (Givi SRA5117) has arrived from Italy, I thought I'd pop up a few pictures

Remove original top plate Torx bolts

2015-08-18%2015.50.39.jpg

Position spacers

2015-08-18%2015.51.38.jpg

Insert replacement Allen bolts

2015-08-18%2015.52.49.jpg

Tighten

2015-08-18%2015.56.03.jpg

Attach Givi

2015-08-18%2016.02.34.jpg

Job done.

5 minutes start to finish. I think it's probably the most rigid Givi mounting I've seen and it has bungee hooks too.

I think I might get a B33 box for day to day use though.

Quite possibly. I bought it from North Oxford and am the third owner. The poor bike's only 4 months old.

It's quite possible that a lot of Tossers have had their leg over the saddle

If it was their Demo I can confirm that it errr went rather well :augie

It wouldn't have had the screen on then, just the little black Sport one.

If it was the demo, it would explain the state of the rear tyre

You didn't go for the Givi 33 litre panniers then?

If you're noticing the BMW pannier frames, they were on the bike when I bought it.

I'll not be fitting the Givi V35 panniers as, when the time comes, I already have some 40 litre E360s in the garage and SW-Motech do quick detach frames to fit in place of the BMW ones.

Givi don't do pannier frames for the new bikes to fit the Monokey panniers unfortunately.

Your sorted then otherwise I would have recommended the V35's had them on my K1300R!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your sorted then otherwise I would have recommended the V35's had them on my K1300R!

I do like the V35s, but I've got 2 sets of BMW Krausers for the twin shock R65RS, a set of the K-style "touring" panniers on the mono RT and the Maxia/E360s. I'm not buying any more luggage!

Probably.

Apart from a new top box.

I do like the V35s, but I've got 2 sets of BMW Krausers for the twin shock R65RS, a set of the K-style "touring" panniers on the mono RT and the Maxia/E360s. I'm not buying any more luggage!

Probably.

Apart from a new top box.

Ye I know what you mean, I have kept the v35's and still have my old GS cardio panniers in the loft!

If it was their Demo I can confirm that it errr went rather well :augie

Just had it confirmed that yes it was their demo, it was then sold to a chap that sold it back to them less than 100 miles later. I've done more miles than that getting it fixed...

As my bracket (Givi SRA5117) has arrived from Italy, I thought I'd pop up a few pictures

Remove original top plate Torx bolts

2015-08-18%2015.50.39.jpg

Position spacers

2015-08-18%2015.51.38.jpg

Insert replacement Allen bolts

2015-08-18%2015.52.49.jpg

Tighten

2015-08-18%2015.56.03.jpg

Attach Givi

2015-08-18%2016.02.34.jpg

Job done.

5 minutes start to finish. I think it's probably the most rigid Givi mounting I've seen and it has bungee hooks too.

I think I might get a B33 box for day to day use though.

Thanks for the info, I'm currently desperately trying to source on of these in the UK at the moment, you would think someone would keep this Givi part in stock!
Any ideas or suggestions for getting one quickly, much appreciated.

cheers
Tony

Tony,

I couldn't find any in the UK so had to order from Italy. Handily, my lad was in Naples in the summer so the eBay seller shipped there.

Having had a quick look, you could get one from Amazon.co.uk... £71 +£12 shipping. From Italy

Tony,

I couldn't find any in the UK so had to order from Italy. Handily, my lad was in Naples in the summer so the eBay seller shipped there.

Having had a quick look, you could get one from Amazon.co.uk... £71 +£12 shipping. From Italy

GYP,
thanks for the suggestion, appreciate it.
Unfortunately I couldn't source one quick enough so decided to go for the BMW option of rack and top box, ok it was obviously more expensive but
I'm very impressed with the quality, the top box is also totally waterproof as a ride in two hours of torrential rain confirmed.

cheers
Tony

Back
Top Bottom