2014 Streetguard gurantee?

Went to the dealers today, told them about my leaking Streetguard suit. They are ordering me a new replacement and I then have to take my suit in and they test it for leaks before giving me the new suit. Not sure how they test it, but it doesn't leak when under the hose pipe, only when riding in rain.

How does that work, sounds bizarre

Thanks, It was from Rainbow so Ill call in and speak to them :thumb2

For an £1,100 suit thats only a year old Id rather exchange it for a brand new one. Id expect to have to use a Nikwax type product on something that was older, but not on a one year old suit.

Agreed!

Well the nice people at Rainbow BMW (Laurna I think the lady is called) have swapped my 1 yr old 2014 Streetguard suit for a brand new one. No questions asked, just a straight one for one swap.

I bought a pair of BMW 2in1 gloves from them last year, at the same time as buying the suit. The thumb ends have worn through presumably from operating the switch gear? They swapped them as well for a brand new pair.

I realise the suit and gloves shouldn't have failed so quickly, but at least Rainbow & BMW have rectified the problem promptly and without fuss.

Here's my old gloves, worn out on the thumbs....

And my new suit and gloves....

They did this whilst my bike was in for its rear wheel flange recall, and a warranty replacement on my fuel strip. This bear is a happy bear. Time for a sandwich me thinks :thumb

What the hell have you been doing to the gloves :eek: do your hands scrape on the floor as you walk :D

Re proof Gortex ?

Gortex doesn't need re proofing............... Ever !

It requires cleaning though, but that's so it keeps it's breath-ability.

What the hell have you been doing to the gloves :eek: do your hands scrape on the floor as you walk :D

I've obviously been using my indicators too much. Maybe I should stop turning left and right so often. But then I'd end up in Rotherham every day. Or even worse, Doncaster :eek:

I've obviously been using my indicators too much. Maybe I should stop turning left and right so often. But then I'd end up in Rotherham every day. Or even worse, Doncaster :eek:

Clearly them gloves aren't designed for bear paws.

Clearly them gloves aren't designed for bear paws.

Obviously not. But I'd expect them to have some reinforcement at the thumb tips where they contact with the indicator switches. Great service from Rainbow though. But then I guess Ive paid for this service by spending £1250 on suit and gloves?

Maybe the use of arm signals instead of using the indicators could save on glove wear :D

But would that expose my arms to more rain? Or create friction, wearing out the fabric under my arms? Maybe the answer is a combination of both indicators and hand signals?

But would that expose my arms to more rain? Or create friction, wearing out the fabric under my arms? Maybe the answer is a combination of both indicators and hand signals?

Your woes are all over :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 174
I am having a word with the dealer as the lower edge of the cuffs is pilling badly

What's the outcome with the cuff as the right hand cuff on mine pilled from new but has never worn through. Got mine in Spring 2014. Left hand side is fine.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom