2014 Streetguard gurantee?

Deleted account 200502001

Reaction score
Anyone know how long the guarantee lasts for the 2014 Streetguard suit?

Bought mine sometime last year as soon as dealers received the stock of the new suit. The jacket is no longer waterproof :mad:. Im guessing its only a 1 yr guarantee but I need to find my receipt.

Almost everything sold by a BMW Motorrad dealership in this country, apart from consumables, comes with a two year guarantee.

Thanks, two years would be good.

I would expect an £1,100 suit to last longer than 52 weeks. Adjuster buckle on the trousers has also ripped off. I'll dig out the receipt and take it back to the dealer.

Thanks, two years would be good.

I would expect an £1,100 suit to last longer than 52 weeks. Adjuster buckle on the trousers has also ripped off. I'll dig out the receipt and take it back to the dealer.

Bear

Bought mine about same time as you, on third pair of trousers and new zips fitted to jacket as well. Rainbow swapped em every time but your right for the price not impressed. First pair of trousers did the same as yours. If it's Rainbow don't worry about the receipt your in the computer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I very nearly went for the Streetguard suit, but went for the Rukka in the end. Thank goodness.

If the problem is just a slight loss of waterproofness, then you should first wash the jacket in Nikwax to refresh the Goretex.

But if a buckle has ripped off the trousers, then they should definitely be replaced

Bear

Bought mine about same time as you, on third pair of trousers and new zips fitted to jacket as well. Rainbow swapped em every time but your right for the price not impressed. First pair of trousers did the same as yours. If it's Rainbow don't worry about the receipt your in the computer.

Thanks, It was from Rainbow so Ill call in and speak to them :thumb2

If the problem is just a slight loss of waterproofness, then you should first wash the jacket in Nikwax to refresh the Goretex.

For an £1,100 suit thats only a year old Id rather exchange it for a brand new one. Id expect to have to use a Nikwax type product on something that was older, but not on a one year old suit.

Thanks, It was from Rainbow so Ill call in and speak to them :thumb2

For an £1,100 suit thats only a year old Id rather exchange it for a brand new one. Id expect to have to use a Nikwax type product on something that was older, but not on a one year old suit.

Where is it leaking?

Jacket?

Trews?

My jacket has been fine, in some torrential downpours and prolonged rain

Both jacket sleeves. Was in rain for 10 mins last night and my arms got wet straight away. I'm certain it's not rain getting in from the cuffs and soaking up the sleeves as it reached upto my shoulders.

Ok, I see

Never had that, bit up the cuffs, but they're a weird design (longer at the top side than the bottom of the cuff) and I always make sure my gloves are tucked in, properly too

In a downpour, the neck let a bit of water in, but I wasn't wearing the storm collar attachment at the neck, when I have it's been fine

My SG4 jacket has been fine, even in monsoon rain (Scotland in June and Belgium last October)

I wear either SG1 trews (Goretex) from years ago, but they're waterproof and fine or BMW Atlantis nubuck leather trews

Sorry to hear that:(

Both jacket sleeves. Was in rain for 10 mins last night and my arms got wet straight away. I'm certain it's not rain getting in from the cuffs and soaking up the sleeves as it reached upto my shoulders.

vip the vents under the arms up :blast

£1,100 for a suit.....hahahaha twats... More money then sense..

Back
Top Bottom