Action Cam advice sought

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have an HD Ghost action camera !

I have used it skiing and it takes great shots but my computer skills have so far let me down and I have failed to edit and join up the clips. Now In a few weeks I will be riding down to the Bold'or followed by some of the Route Grande des Alps and hopefully the Furka pass on or way home and would like to make a film.

My question is how many and what size do the memory cards need to be get a reasonable amount of filming done. Can I edit what I have every few days and upload it via my iPad so it can be edited at a later date.

Thanks

During my recent Euro trip I used a Drift HD Ghost, I uploaded all my daily video clips to a laptop and put them in a separate folder for each day then formatted the card to use again the next day.
I used Windows Movie Maker to edit the clips when I got home.
I don't know about uploading from an iPad, I'd be interested to know if this can be done but it means you will need a WiFi connection to upload the clips, iPad storage is only the same as a decent SD card.
I'd advise against long video clips, people want to see variety.
Stitch lots of short but varied clips together along with still pictures.

Here's the video I ended up with.

Take a couple of 32gig cards the you won't need to upload them anywhere.
If you fill them you're probably filming too much dross :)

I use the tagging feature on the ghost in order to record things after they've happened. That drastically reduces the amount of footage, and hence memory space, and makes subsequent editing much easier.

Back
Top Bottom