Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Royal Enfield Adventure Bike

Iconoclast Click here to find out how to Subscribe

New Royal Enfield Adventure Bike

The new Enfield Himalayan adventure bike looks like an exercise in back to basics.

http://www.amcn.com.au/news/1508/roy...ent-continues/

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Schtum View Post
    The new Enfield Himalayan adventure bike looks like an exercise in back to basics.
    I like the Idea of "back to basics " always been a fan of KISS

Shedi Knight Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Well that's a surprise -
    a 'New' Bike that i'd actually consider buying!

Wonder how much when (if?) it makes it to production?
    appears bright from a distance / dim up close

Wait for it .... any minute now there will be someone along to say that it will be useless because it doesn't have at least 120bhp

Restoration and Paint services

07714 266 627

www.ctmotorcycleservices.co.uk

www.facebook.com/ctmotorcycleservices

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    410cc air cooled engine. Guessing around 30bhp so I hope they've "added lightness"
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

New engine? S'pose it would have to be if they want to sell it anywhere but India etc. Looks interesting.

"The company recently purchased legendary British chassis manufacturer Harris Engineering and employed a number of respected industry professionals including former Ducati designer Pierre Terblanche. It has also set up a development facility in the UK."

Interesting times - Harley kept with V-twins (let's ignore Aermacchi) and is going other/electric now, (Meriden) Triumph's parallel twin died (ignoring Hinckley's rebirth) - could Royal Enfield become twin again? Or more (triple? V-twin?) Obviously a bit of money behind Royal Enfield - anyone know who owns them (assuming not Tata)?

I think Enfield already do a twin but not available here...

Huntingdonshire (Cambridgeshire) & Bedfordshire
    It's useless because it doesn't have 120 bhp like my wonderful LC which is the best bike in the World and all the others are crap

Iconoclast Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    It's useless because it doesn't have 120 bhp like my wonderful LC which is the best bike in the World and all the others are crap
    I seem to remember you don't like Indian music, either. Is there a bit of a pattern here.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Schtum View Post
    I seem to remember you don't like Indian music, either. Is there a bit of a pattern here.....?
    When I were a lad, Ravi Shankar was the cool dude to listen to, part of the alternative hippy, yoga and everything Indian was cool culture of the time - oh yes along with a few gurus and other shit - all John Lennon's fault - left all that behind a long time ago.

P.S. Not a great fan of curry either

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    When I were a lad, Ravi Shankar was the cool dude to listen to, part of the alternative hippy, yoga and everything Indian was cool culture of the time - oh yes along with a few gurus and other shit - all John Lennon's fault - left all that behind a long time ago.

P.S. Not a great fan of curry either
    You must've been stoned then, it was George Harrison's fault

Back to the bike, inevitable really but if you want a boring, robust bike to go travelling with why not stick with the KLR650?
    KEA

Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    You must've been stoned then, it was George Harrison's fault

Back to the bike, inevitable really but if you want a boring, robust bike to go travelling with why not stick with the KLR650?
    I probably was - "Om mani padme hum" to all

On the new Continental GT the chassis design work was by Harris and the styling done by Xenophya Design in Cramlington.

An all new parallel twin engine is in development and apparently all future styling will be carried out by Xenophya who will become part of the Royal Enfield group.

Big changes ahead for R.E by the looks of it

Quote Originally Posted by Neil W View Post
    On the new Continental GT the chassis design work was by Harris and the styling done by Xenophya Design in Cramlington.

An all new parallel twin engine is in development and apparently all future styling will be carried out by Xenophya who will become part of the Royal Enfield group.

Big changes ahead for R.E by the looks of it
    There's irony there, designed in the most dullest place in the country, Cramlington!

Quote Originally Posted by hairysteve View Post
    I think Enfield already do a twin but not available here...
    I don't think they do. There is a V twin available using two Bullet top ends but not made by Enfield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast