Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Crosstourer DCT...Hmmm...

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Crosstourer

Just bought a Crosstourer with the DCT----very smooth up and down the box, in sport mode its just waiting to go---speed is very deceptive as the engine sounds quite all the time, look down at the speedo and you realise just how quick this bike is without realising it. Bike is heavy until you move off a little bit like the GSA but without the girth--easy for filtering through traffic.

But what do I know !!

Neils

You will be selling your garage queen of an RT next Neil

Nice aren't they. They don't half get a shift on if you give it a bit of the right hand. They sound lovely with a nice can , still not loud, just throaty.

Enjoy
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My current stable of "adventure bikes"
    2009 Guzzi V1200 Sport 8v Triple Black..my weekend sex kitten
    2014 VFR1200X Crosstourer Highlander DCT Camo.. my big trip missile

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB

crossourer

Gadget----I think I will sell the RT especially if i don't use it--any suggestions on the best replacement screen for the Crosstourer either Givi or Puig--the Puig i think gives slightly better wind protection.

The small standard fit screen gives no protection at all.

Any advice out there on screens ?

Quote Originally Posted by neils View Post
    Gadget----I think I will sell the RT especially if i don't use it--any suggestions on the best replacement screen for the Crosstourer either Givi or Puig--the Puig i think gives slightly better wind protection.

I have a spare MRA screen you,could borrow/ try if you ever get over this way . East Cheshire / Stoke on Trent .
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My current stable of "adventure bikes"
    2009 Guzzi V1200 Sport 8v Triple Black..my weekend sex kitten
    2014 VFR1200X Crosstourer Highlander DCT Camo.. my big trip missile

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB

Thanks Rushy--decided to go for PUIG screen. will report shortly.

I had a VFR1200 which runs the same engine. Smooth and quick. Tank range was an utter ball ache though and was one of the main reasons for getting rid of it in the end.

DCT

Absolutely love mine.

Just bought a 2013 CT DCT following test ride. Stunning bike and absolute lightweight compared to my 1600GT which I traded. Riding position is better than my 1600 now that I've got problems with my knees. On the CT my knee joint is more like 90 degrees so less pressure on the joint and not having to go up & down the box on the gear lever is a massive plus for me. Riding position is very similar to a string of GS's I've previously owned. I do at least one long distance continental tour to the lumpy bits of Europe each year and can't wait for our planned 2017 tour of Picos & Pyrenees!

I drive petrol tankers for a living,im 55 and have been driving class 1 Artics since i was 21, modern trucks are now fully auto with stalk shift manual if prefered, they are electronic so no torque converter...i miss stick shift, eaton twin spliters, range change boxes with spliters and two speed axles...my point is DCT is a clever piece of kit but surely we ride bikes for the mechanical way we interact with our bike, clutching and changing gear i think having a dct would get very old very quick. Alot of us drivers joke how alot of the young guys in our industry wouldnt be able to operate the manual trucks...maybe that will be the case with riders in the future...just my view...

Dream Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    , eaton twin spliters, .
    That was a man's gearbox
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

http://www.unchainedtours.com

Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    I drive petrol tankers for a living,im 55 and have been driving class 1 Artics since i was 21, modern trucks are now fully auto with stalk shift manual if prefered, they are electronic so no torque converter...i miss stick shift, eaton twin spliters, range change boxes with spliters and two speed axles...my point is DCT is a clever piece of kit but surely we ride bikes for the mechanical way we interact with our bike, clutching and changing gear i think having a dct would get very old very quick. Alot of us drivers joke how alot of the young guys in our industry wouldnt be able to operate the manual trucks...maybe that will be the case with riders in the future...just my view...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Bilco View Post
    That was a man's gearbox
    Get a room Yorkie Bar Boys !!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Get a room Yorkie Bar Boys !!
    You paying fly boy...lol
    Everyone dies but not everyone really lives....

Quote Originally Posted by neils View Post

I have the Guvi adjustable one on mine and find it very good

Delightfully Comfortable Transisioning

Found that I was suffering severe cramping in my clutch so I've just swapped my 2013 manual Highlander for a 2015 DCT version and absolutely love it.
    The choice' s are all there - normal drive mode, used on most occasions, - sport mode, the beast just flies, so only used when in "hooligan" mood, - and manual mode, still not used it for any distance yet, but simplicity itself.

I really liked my dct and thought it a very high quality bike... I used manual out of town and auto for boring town work where you couldn't be arsed... Quick bike and some really great bits... Fuel range was a bit low... It can drink if you wind it on... I couldn't get properly comfy and when pushing it it was a bit slow steering and generally a bit heavy feeling... All the above canbe dismissed if it doesn't matter...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast