Williams good news (well kinda)

Si Yates

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I don't normally go in for posts etc. but when you get a result, then you gotta share it!

The build up - got the flangethingy sorted on the 04 1200 with Panzer shop M/C & set off a couple of days later with the FPO (fun prevention officer) looking after the details on the rear of the steed. Had usual top time in Panzer land, returned home threw bucket of cold over the bike & chucked in the garage, job done back to work.

The event - couple O weeks later the FPO & I decide to have a Sunday run, she on her 1100 & I on the 1200 we set off & immediately noticed something not quite right with the rear end (the bike not me) thought it might be me not used to no weight on the back, suspension not set back quite right usual bollx that spins through the mind, one set of braking for a set of lights & definitely something amiss, pull over into layby. Set the bike on centre stand as I am thinking the rear wheel has come loose? But no the flangethingy and the hub have a slight gap between them allowing the wheel to wobble from side to side!!

The result - Called Panzer M/C explained the situation to Janet who pulled all the stops & got the bike picked up & taken to the Krankenhaus ASAP. In fairly short order the Dr decided the whole rear hub requires changing FOC

A gap between flange an wheel hub really , how can that happen ?

Can't wait for the next episode !

Tries too hard to give everything a "nickname" - so makes the whole read........ hard work.

Al

Not sure, more to the point neither did BM, suspect they will be sending off to investigate back at HQ?? Got a new rear hub though - on an 04 plate!! Huzzar

Fair point Al

- Oh is that a nick name for Alan, Alistair, Alejandro, Alibaba or indeed Albert???

All the best
Si .....

Back
Top Bottom