Lucky to escape the grim reaper on Sunday.

Accident

Well that entertained quite a few people. It appears my thread initiated several different polar opinions. Some of its outcomes can be viewed as positive and others not so such as;

1 A good team building exercise across the site, long overdue.
2 An excellent topic of conversation for Leenane.
3 A possible reason for fisticuffs after a few pints in Leenane
4 Some people on this site pretend to but obviously don't ride a bike.
5 There are some very nice and compassionate GS'er's here.
6 Thankfully there are far fewer nasty, Know it all, "my farts dont smell", intefering for the sake of it, low life's who can only be described as Hyenas or resembling that cowardly self centred Dr. Smith in the old TV program Lost in Space. We all know who they are. They were not exactly subtle
7 Always assume an alien ship may land in front of you at the last moment.
8 Get the site to site transporter from the starship Enterprises mounted on your bike.
9 Have a drone flying ahead of you transmitting a video signal directly to your optic nerve

Please feel free to add in order to entertain me as I lay prostrate most of the time in bed in pain when you lucky people will be living it up in Leenane
Finally, I spoke to the guard on the scene since. They will be charging the car driver with dangerous parking but i am still man enough to say that ultimately the liability for the damage both to the car my bike and me is mine and I have already paid the money to have the car I hit repaired so that they can get back on the road ASAP.

Have a great weekend. Pity I can't make it, I even cleaned the bike the day of the crash.

Well that entertained quite a few people. It appears my thread initiated several different polar opinions. Some of its outcomes can be viewed as positive and others not so such as;

1 A good team building exercise across the site, long overdue.
2 An excellent topic of conversation for Leenane.
3 A possible reason for fisticuffs after a few pints in Leenane
4 Some people on this site pretend to but obviously don't ride a bike.
5 There are some very nice and compassionate GS'er's here.
6 Thankfully there are far fewer nasty, Know it all, "my farts dont smell", intefering for the sake of it, low life's who can only be described as Hyenas or resembling that cowardly self centred Dr. Smith in the old TV program Lost in Space. We all know who they are. They were not exactly subtle
7 Always assume an alien ship may land in front of you at the last moment.
8 Get the site to site transporter from the starship Enterprises mounted on your bike.
9 Have a drone flying ahead of you transmitting a video signal directly to your optic nerve

Please feel free to add in order to entertain me as I lay prostrate most of the time in bed in pain when you lucky people will be living it up in Leenane
Finally, I spoke to the guard on the scene since. They will be charging the car driver with dangerous parking but i am still man enough to say that ultimately the liability for the damage both to the car my bike and me is mine and I have already paid the money to have the car I hit repaired so that they can get back on the road ASAP.

Have a great weekend. Pity I can't make it, I even cleaned the bike the day of the crash.

The drone is a fantastic idea, it would cut out almost all of the risk!!!
Give me a shout when you have the most pain killers in your system and we'll discuss that Alpine White body work that you have for sale. The short levers worked out great by the way.
Get well soon Mark.

Came around a corner near torc waterfall between Killarney and Kenmare and there was a tourists car stooped on my side of the road because he wanted to take a picture. No ABS and I braked hard to avoid him skidding straight into an oncoming car on the far side of the road. Took the front out of the car and I summersalted several times before hitting the Tarmac. Blessed to get away with a fractured wrist, a big hole in my leg and a lot of pain everywhere. Bike looks like a write-off. Where should I send it to see if it is repairable bearing in mind I live in Meath. I reckon if I had ABS I would have stopped in time.

The main thing is that you are ok (ish), bikes, cars etc.. can always be replaced. Get well soon :thumby:

Markopol, may I add a number ten?

Don't wash the bike. It's obvious that's what caused the accident. And yes, it was an accident. Despite the pedants protestations, you were simply the unfortunate recipient of a series of events that resulted in a situation no one expected or wanted. I.e. An accident.

P.s. If cookie comes to leenan, I suggest someone push him into a random fist. By his logic he can't blame anyone. As for you Mike O, jeez, really? Enjoy the west. Must join one of these outings next year.

Last edited:
Close enough too leenan. If you can photograph your bike in this spot, I will give you €50 for the charity of your choice. No photoshop allowed...

4796ee57b3ca3c5cfe8b3381eb4d5cbb.jpg
what nuisance it was loading that photo. Sorry about the rambling posts. I'm serious about the €50. Enjoy the roads. They were fantastic last time I was down there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom