Lucky to escape the grim reaper on Sunday.

I recall an incident in the UK where a lorry driver had stopped round a blind bend to make a delivery, a car piled into him and killed the occupants of the car, the lorry driver was charged and prosecuted successfully with manslaughter, it seems that the car driver in your case was negligent in showing due diligence to the safety of others in parking in the way in which he did, it was live carriageway and due diligence has to be shown, it would appear that the car driver failed to do this, thus is culpable to a certain degree if not 100%.
Ignore these fucking jobsworths on here who say that you should drive like a spastic on acid and be prepared for all and sundry, if that was the case, none of us would get anywhere.......We all have a responsibility for the safety of each other, however, when some one acts foolishly, then the responsibility stops with them and they should accept the consequences. Do not listen to the fuckwits on here, because that is what they mostly are.......FUCKWITS.

How about supplying a link to that story? Manslaughter? Sounds utterly implausible...:rolleyes:

Of course, the car driver can always be prosecuted for dangerous parking/whatever - but the reason he was stopped (whether to take a picture or as a result of a breakdown, for example) makes no difference.

The simple fact is that someone failed to negotiate their way past a stationary object safely...

How about supplying a link to that story? Manslaughter? Sounds utterly implausible...:rolleyes:

Of course, the car driver can always be prosecuted for dangerous parking/whatever - but the reason he was stopped (whether to take a picture or as a result of a breakdown, for example) makes no difference.

The simple fact is that someone failed to negotiate their way past a stationary object safely...

That's a very black & white simple fact, if only everything was so simple and straight forward. A fact that is undisputed in this discussion, by the way!!

For the extra hard of reading. I did not blame the parked car. In fact i did not blame anyone. You cant walk your motorcycle around every blind corner in the rural parts of Ireland. Might as well become a rambler.

but others are. it's not all about you, you know :)

Sorry meant to say thanks again to those who saw my experience as an interesting event, warning and experience and not as a platform to mouth off from their sterile little world.

That's all folks.

Marcopol

Sorry to hear about your off, unfortunately you posted on the only internet forum that has a few riding gods that never ever make a mistake of any magnitude and ride with utmost competence at all times, (LIKE FUCK THEY DO)!

They are commonly referred to as "FUCKNUTS" we all know that its an impossibility to be a perfect rider at all times and the more miles you do the more likely you are to come in to conflict with other road users.

Thats said you can learn from every accident they don't just happen they develop. Learn from this one fella ignore the self righteous Handful that appear in every one of these threads, recover get back on yer bike and enjoy.

Speedy recovery my man, all the best Griff

Sent using Tapatalk

Marcopol

Sorry to hear about your off, unfortunately you posted on the only internet forum that has a few riding gods that never ever make a mistake of any magnitude and ride with utmost competence at all times, (LIKE FUCK THEY DO)!

They are commonly referred to as "FUCKNUTS" we all know that its an impossibility to be a perfect rider at all times and the more miles you do the more likely you are to come in to conflict with other road users.

Thats said you can learn from every accident they don't just happen they develop. Learn from this one fella ignore the self righteous Handful that appear in every one of these threads, recover get back on yer bike and enjoy.

Total common sense! There is also a difference between what technically/legally may not have been our fault, and whether or not we could have anticipated and therefore avoided it. We all screw up at times, but we are the ones that unfortunately get hurt when we get it wrong. Hopefully we can all learn from it and - as R-R said - no-one's a perfect rider all the time.

Good luck.

Marcopol

I doubt that anyone of the people who have identified what the cause of the collision (it wasn't an accident, there's no such thing!) was would EVER claim to be a perfect rider or a riding god.
Certainly in this thread, not one of them has said "ooooh I wouldn't have done that" or anything even remotely like it........We all know and are quite happy to stick our hands up and say that we ride like twats on occasion, but perhaps the difference is the taking of responsibility.....

So no, it's idiots like YOU who form the body of the "fucknuts" brigade......if you still believe that there is such a thing as an "accident", if you blame the "other party" for what happened to you, YOU are the fucknut.....the rest of us are just realistic and frankly, are likely to survive longer riding bikes.

Accept that or not, I really don't care, but go around a corner at a speed that you can't stop in when you suddenly find a loose cow, tractor, stupid tourist or a crashed vehicle in the middle of the road and you really don't deserve much sympathy :nono

Self righteous bollocks.......aware of our failings and prepared to say it as it actually is, that's all :comfort

I doubt that anyone of the people who have identified what the cause of the collision (it wasn't an accident, there's no such thing!) was would EVER claim to be a perfect rider or a riding god.
Certainly in this thread, not one of them has said "ooooh I wouldn't have done that" or anything even remotely like it........We all know and are quite happy to stick our hands up and say that we ride like twats on occasion, but perhaps the difference is the taking of responsibility.....

So no, it's idiots like YOU who form the body of the "fucknuts" brigade......if you still believe that there is such a thing as an "accident", if you blame the "other party" for what happened to you, YOU are the fucknut.....the rest of us are just realistic and frankly, are likely to survive longer riding bikes.

Accept that or not, I really don't care, but go around a corner at a speed that you can't stop in when you suddenly find a loose cow, tractor, stupid tourist or a crashed vehicle in the middle of the road and you really don't deserve much sympathy :nono

Self righteous bollocks.......aware of our failings and prepared to say it as it actually is, that's all :comfort[/

Oh bless, got a sensitive side have we.

As someone on here keeps saying 'opinions are like arseholes, everyones got one'

you can shove yours in the same place pal

Sent using Tapatalk

"Roadcraft Rider"
i-B7xsknv-L.gif
i-m8KqfjN-L.gif
i-m8KqfjN-L.gif
i-B7xsknv-L.gif

I went around a fairly blind bend the other day & there was a big stationary Ford tractor & hedge cutter

I was going a bit too quick, not that quick I thought - but too quick in reality for a c type country lane

Suddenly it was there, in all its glory & I had to brake hard (no abs) & swerve around it sharpish

If there was an oncoming car then in all likelihood I would have hit it or just stuffed the bike in the hedge if I had needed to or was able to react in time

Luckily I didn't need to

Who was at fault - me

Slowed me down for the rest of the ride & since actually

Most bike crashes are caused by the rider & inappropriate speed for the conditions

I hope you get back on the road soon and have a trouble free recovery....

This is simply wrong on every level.

1. Do not park on a blind bend
2. If you breakdown on a blind bend, place a warning before the bend

I think the Highway Code has something to say about this.

This is simply wrong on every level.

1. Do not park on a blind bend
2. If you breakdown on a blind bend, place a warning before the bend

I think the Highway Code has something to say about this.

What if you've just broken down and haven't put the warning out yet? Or are disabled and can't?

It's always got to be someone else's fault - can't be the rider going too fast - is that it?

What if you've just broken down and haven't put the warning out yet? Or are disabled and can't?

It's always got to be someone else's fault - can't be the rider going too fast - is that it?

A court would take all the circumstances into account - if you haven't acted within the guidance of the Highway Code then you will probably be held accountable to some extent. Rule 242 of the Highway Code says that you MUST NOT leave your vehicle in a dangerous place, there is a law about it, regardless of whether or not you are disabled.

A court would take all the circumstances into account - if you haven't acted within the guidance of the Highway Code then you will probably be held accountable to some extent. Rule 242 of the Highway Code says that you MUST NOT leave your vehicle in a dangerous place, there is a law about it, regardless of whether or not you are disabled.

I'd be glad of that when I'm lying in the morgue dead because of hitting the oncoming car.

I don't get it. I do all I can to preserve my own life - you have to these days be it in a car or a motorbike.

If having a bit of a "what if" mind to my riding/driving ensures I don't hit someone in a situation like this surely it's worth it even if I go round the bend at the speed to stop safely, on my side of the road in the distance I can see?

I'd be glad of that when I'm lying in the morgue dead because of hitting the oncoming car.

I don't get it. I do all I can to preserve my own life - you have to these days be it in a car or a motorbike.

If having a bit of a "what if" mind to my riding/driving ensures I don't hit someone in a situation like this surely it's worth it even if I go round the bend at the speed to stop safely, on my side of the road in the distance I can see?

I agree one always should be able to stop on your side of the road in the distance that you can see to be clear - but people should also not leave their vehicle in a position that it clearly dangerous - this is considered to be so important that the law says that you must not do it.

It is not unreasonable to go about you business with some expectation that others will be as careful as you are too. If we all had to double check every single action we made before we did it then the World would grind to a halt.

There are legislative and moral obligations to avoid causing 'accidents' by whatever means. However these obligations place a similar burden to avoid having the accident too.

Don't ride/drive/park in a way that poses unnecessary risk. But if someone else does it in front of you then slow down, back off, give them room to be 'their own person'. Don't have an 'accident' with them just to show them how useless they are.

Sorry to hear about your accident Mark. Hope you get well soon.

I'm quite annoyed by some of the comments on this thread. I think the appropriate phrase is GOBSHITES. A term I normally associate with ATT but in this case I can only agree with him.

I agree one always should be able to stop on your side of the road in the distance that you can see to be clear - but people should also not leave their vehicle in a position that it clearly dangerous - this is considered to be so important that the law says that you must not do it.

It is not unreasonable to go about you business with some expectation that others will be as careful as you are too. If we all had to double check every single action we made before we did it then the World would grind to a halt.

I don't think you get it either. And surely being an Engineer you Engineer systems that are safe and reliable by putting forethought and what if thinking into the system trying to deal with what may go wrong?......

Back
Top Bottom