Lucky to escape the grim reaper on Sunday.

marcopol

Reaction score
Came around a corner near torc waterfall between Killarney and Kenmare and there was a tourists car stooped on my side of the road because he wanted to take a picture. No ABS and I braked hard to avoid him skidding straight into an oncoming car on the far side of the road. Took the front out of the car and I summersalted several times before hitting the Tarmac. Blessed to get away with a fractured wrist, a big hole in my leg and a lot of pain everywhere. Bike looks like a write-off. Where should I send it to see if it is repairable bearing in mind I live in Meath. I reckon if I had ABS I would have stopped in time.

Came around a corner near torc waterfall between Killarney and Kenmare and there was a tourists car stooped on my side of the road because he wanted to take a picture. No ABS and I braked hard to avoid him skidding straight into an oncoming car on the far side of the road. Took the front out of the car and I summersalted several times before hitting the Tarmac. Blessed to get away with a fractured wrist, a big hole in my leg and a lot of pain everywhere. Bike looks like a write-off. Where should I send it to see if it is repairable bearing in mind I live in Meath. I reckon if I had ABS I would have stopped in time.

Sorry for your troubles. It's great to hear your not seriously hurt.
I know it's not beside you but Mark in Platinum Motorcycles (Bray) recently looked after my crashed bike and in my opinion he is about as fair and honest as they come.

shit,sorry to hear that man,I see so many tourists doing stupid things where I live.get well soon....see ya on the road soon

So sorry to hear your news, hope you and the bike get sorted soon. My ABS saved me and the wife about a week after getting my first GS with abs back in 2005 when a stupid woman did a U-turn in front of us without looking or signalling on a wet road, I know what would have happened on my previous bike!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assume the idiot tourist and his car escaped unmarked? So often the way.

I hope you have a quick and full recovery.

Jaysus lad, that's a bummer !
But as you say it coulda been a lot worse.
Get well soon :thumb

Mark, are you ok with this ?
Sorry, just to clarify, mine was riding so I rode it to Bray myself. Mark was very helpful and informative as to what was needed and even sourced some used bits for me.
Give him a buzz and explain the situation your in to him and see what he says.

Second vote for Mark in Platinum :thumb2. Honest good guy. Will your insurance recover the bike ? Thank goodness your injuries are not more serious.

bad news bit it could have been worse - If you need any Kerry assistance let me know.

Jeez you were lucky mate!!! Just curious cause I've had an ABS pump failure recently on my 2007 GS, why no ABS
on your 2009?? I thought they all came with ABS as standard...?

Jesus !! blessed... i was looking at a non ABS bike.... might reconsider now... get well soon...

Sorry to hear about your off. Bike looks like it took a bad whack. I wouldnt be too worried about getting it patched up immediately, Id be more taking care of myself. You are going to be v sore for the next while. Make sure you get proper doc attention.

If you have breakdown assist that may help getting the bike back to where you want to repair.

'kin tourists...!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but glad you are reasonably ok.

As for the bike, it is just a "thing", and can be repaired or replaced.

fuck the bike as long as yer relatively ok

fkin tourists (no wait)

Jesus H!!
I am going to Killarney on Wednesday (and back) if you need to be brought down to the bike for any reason just PM me.

Accident

Breakdown assist collected the bike already. It's a 2009 GSA. My one never had ABS on it. The next one definitely will. Thanks for all the best wishes

Back
Top Bottom