Continental TKC70 ?

Banzai600

Reaction score
Anyone running these on their s10? Good reports from what ive read.

"Continental claims that on the road, the TKC70 has good stability, is hard wearing and has low noise levels thanks to the small central rear band.

They also claim wet grip is improved by a special tyre compound and wide “sipes”. These are the thin cuts on the tyre that help pump water away from the contact patch, increasing grip on wet roads"

Just got back from the artic circle.
3400 mile trip.
Put a pair of these on and they were excellent.
Highly recommended.

Not a super 10
But Gsa 1200
Just done Scotland to Nordkapp n home
Highly rate these tyres way ahead of my usual old model tourance
2 up and everything but the kitchen sink for camping
I recon I got about 5 k miles

Just got back from the artic circle.
3400 mile trip.
Put a pair of these on and they were excellent.
Highly recommended.

Arctic cricle, that must have been some trip....tyres obviously hardy enough.

Not a super 10
But Gsa 1200
Just done Scotland to Nordkapp n home
Highly rate these tyres way ahead of my usual old model tourance
2 up and everything but the kitchen sink for camping
I recon I got about 5 k miles

good going. The PR4 trails are too road biased for me, on road shale / dirt, they dont absorb the or bursh off road crud as easy. Bike moves around more. Apart from that fine, monsoon showers here recently, lots of surface water, but the PR4 do expel the water quite well I have to say.

The TCK70's just look more rugged and harder wearing.

Continental TKC70

I have been looking at these to replace the original Bridgestone which I am not keen on, they seem to track anything and slide on a loose surface very easily. As I live in deepest Norfolk where good roads are few and far between most are single track with gravel or mud and if your lucky grass up the middle these tyres seem a good option. Have you changed yours yet? or made up your mind. Some of the forum reviews are interesting regarding wear & stability but some riders seem quite pleased with them.

Ian

I have been looking at these to replace the original Bridgestone which I am not keen on, they seem to track anything and slide on a loose surface very easily. As I live in deepest Norfolk where good roads are few and far between most are single track with gravel or mud and if your lucky grass up the middle these tyres seem a good option. Have you changed yours yet? or made up your mind. Some of the forum reviews are interesting regarding wear & stability but some riders seem quite pleased with them.

Ian

Hey barny. I havent went for them yet. Someone told me to try Michelin pilot road 4 trails. Theyre a road tyre and in my opinion not suited to the S10. I will throw up a thread about that later.

I have also seen "Mitas" tyres in a local shop Not sure if they do S10 sizes.

The original Metzler Tourance are great, but the "next" are not.

Go with the Tourance or something more rugged, definitely.

Let me know how ya get on.

For my 99.9% road use I have Roadsmart 2's as they grip extremely well wet or dry, hot or cold - noticeably better than Tourance EXP the S10 came with (which aren't bad tyres at all - just a bit old now)

I would imagine the TKC70's should at least match the OE tyres for road grip, and be significantly better off-road, and if I did more lanes and trails I would definitely try these as I think they are the only "Dual Purpose" tyre on the market that really has wide enough grooves to make any noticeable difference off road (If you ignore the original - and now about 10 year old, original non Exp tourances - I have these on the V-Strom and they last well but grip / feel is way down on more modern tyres)

Back
Top Bottom