'kin"ell

Are you going to check that rear tyre pressure

That looks a tad soggy for road use

attachment.php

Thanks Ding Dong....good to see there is at least one gentleman on the board...

:D

It looks good....dare I say..normal....

;)

Swapped S1000RR and older K1200RS for S1000XR SE Sport......

I have slowly progressed through various BMWs, from a naked K100 to a K100RS (use 15 grade fork oil and Spax rear shock.....big improvement!) to a '98 K1200RS- excellent but replacement forced upon me by a car driver....03' plate K1200RS, added an S1000RR to the stable. But the K1200 was heavy. How brilliant would it have been if it had was 50 -60 kgs lighter?? The S1000RR seriously endangered my licence and I decided that track days were of limited appeal. Part exchanged both the latter for a brand new S1000XR SE Sport. My first ever brand new bike, taken a long while to get there!
At 6ft tall and normal proportions I find the height a bit too much for comfort- should I have bought a low seat version? I would prefer to have the handlebar about 3 inches further forward and a bit flatter. Why don't BMW provide the same type of adjustable bars as on the old longitudinal crank K1200RS?
Vibes- yes. Bar grips do not provide enough cushioning. Temporarily have use Tesco foam washing up pads, about 40p each and some duct tape. Ugly but works well! Will find some nicer looking foam.
Nail in back tyre after 830 miles- language was unprintable! First puncture on a bike in about 30 years!!
However F+B Tyres in Sandbach - what a find! Best prices and clearly very expert and swift service. Very many thanks Steve!!
Next week first long trip to Bandol to the Bol D'Or.
Have had BMW engine bars fitted and they work, have already overbalanced on the bike twice!!
Have had Wunderlich driving lights fitted, I like to see where I am going in the dark!!
Finally- I have used Allan Jeffries in Bradford as recommended back in 1985 by a fellow K100 owner. Totally excellent service over the years. I would not ride BMWs without them and would find it hard to justify changing to another make of bike without such incomparable service.

Back
Top Bottom