Is it me or is this crappy customer service - dont want to name names.

Wobble

Hugh Janus
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I placed an order for an item with a 10 day lead time.

Its gone to 5 weeks

I asked if they would be happy waiting 5 weeks.

Got this reply:

thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, at this time of the year, being towards the end of season, it is not easy to predict demand for xxxx - particularly newly released items.
Since we have released the R1200RT xxxxx option, uptake has been very high - surprisingly as our previous experience is that customers usually take the option of buying both xxxxx for the R11's and R12's.

Please would you confirm if you would like to leave your order, or to cancel, as we have a queue and can easily re-allocate the xxxxxx.

Youirs sincerely

its the last paragraph that winds me up!

Sounds like a problem with their supplier (BMW?) - so they can sugar-coat the response, but ultimately - the end result is the same.

Cancel if you like, and perhaps order from another retailer (dealer) - but be careful you are not cutting off your nose..............

Al

A classic case of sole UK importer.

Im going to call the US manufacturer tonight and ask if I can get the xxxxx directly.

Why all the xxxx stuff? It's not a secret surely? You have it in black and white so name and shame. They should not be taking orders they can't fill. Jjh

I dont have any problems naming names, but in this case there seems little point. I cannot get the item from elsewhere in the UK, the named European distributor seems to not even list them on their site, and the US manufacturer will have to balance the sales they get from their distributors against a few unhappy customers.

We as BMW owners all have to get items for out bike from BMW or one of a few suppliers, and seeing a similar post about another supplier, it seems that our expectations are not being managed, and this means we feel let down or undervalued.

Sales staff could all do with extra help and training on dealing with situations and some responses could have been.

We are in total agreement that waiting five weeks is not acceptable, and we would feel frustrated in your position. As a distributor of these products we place orders on a regular basis and to keep shipping and customs costs down, we end up with them in batches, and will do everything in our power to move your order up the ladder.

We could offer you a loan item for the duration of the wait, or a 10% discount on future purchases with us. If your order is released early and you don't mind an increase in shipping costs, we could have it delivered direct to your door as soon as it is manufactured.

I had a similar issue a while back with heated gloves for her indoors, they melted and when I complained to the manufacturer in the US, turns out the European distributor was flogging knock off look-a-likeys. The manufacturer had stern words and a pair of branded new items were send at the end of the week.

I can see why Mercedes got rid of all their dealers now, it wont be long before the manufactures let Amazon ship and sell the items and just make batches, with an if it aint in the shop you cant have it approach.

Moan over

Nothing to see here, just a middle age BMW rider doing a Victor Medlrew impersonation, move along please

Didn't Mercedes chop all their car dealers and open up direct outlets?

Certainly happened here we now have a Merc garage and the old franchise dealer is no longer the 'official' dealer.

Back
Top Bottom