1988 K100RT - Panniers

sparkplug

Landlord
Mod Squad
Solutions
Reaction score
second from the left, third from the right
So the panniers on my K100RT are ..erm.. 'worn' and have different locks for left and right (1st gen panniers with the pathetic lock under the little flap)

My feeling is that they have had it and I should replace them with something different. It would also be nice to have a top box which can hold a helmet as long as it doesn't make the bike look horrible!

So what does the collective suggest?

I don't mind changing frames if I have to, but also don't want to be spending silly money.

I briefly considered having frames made so I could fit my Metal Mules :D but then I saw sense...

Why not try some K1100 panniers...they mount on the same frames, have better locks that you can still match to the ignition key, and have a wider lid so you can hide a full-face helmet in there....
If you want a bigger topbox, then the K1100 also has one of those...Back in the day, BMW were very wary about how much load should be carried on the back of their bikes- they were worried about weaving at high speed, and given that the K100 is quite good enough at weaving around without any extra help, fitting a fork brace might be a good idea. ( Not expensive from Motorworks, and it transforms the bike.)

Back
Top Bottom