Geneva 2016

Yosarian

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Geneva 2016...... Bike Transport

It is not solely for UKGSer members, I will be advertising this trip through the BMW Irish and Ulster Sections

General outline for Geneva bike transport 2016

2 x 45ft artic trailers will be available for this trip to Geneva, each has a capacity of 18 bikes with a restriction of 6 BMW GSAs per trailer.
More information on how the loading works, individual loading times and were it takes place will be communicated out closer to the load date.

Transport
Saturday 04th June 2016 Load the bikes @ Short's recreation Club in Belfast
Thursday 9th June 2016 Bikes will arrive in Geneva on Thursday around Miday and will be available then.
Thursday 16th June 2016 The bikes will be required to be back at the trucks for loading between 6 – 8pm that evening, a more detailed breakdown of individual loading times will be communicated closer to the time.
Sunday 19th June 2016 Bikes will be available for collection in Belfast from 10am – 12.30pm.

Flights
Aer Lingus Dublin to Geneva to be booked by each person. Flights are already available and currently 73 euro outbound EI680 09.06.16 and 89 Euro return EI681 17.06.16.

If using the above flights, airport transfer can be arranged to the hotel.

Hotel
The hotel were the trucks will be parked is the Novotel Geneva airport France.
Once you have your flight plans in place please book the relevant night’s accommodation required through me as the hotel will be offering preferential rates for a group booking. (Price TBA)

Cost
£390 per bike, a deposit of £190 to be paid by 1st Nov to secure your place, this will be based on a first come first served basis and a reserve list will then operate. The balance of £200 is to be paid by 1st April 2015

Interested in going? Contact me and I will forward you an information pack.

This time the trucks will be heading via Rosslare. If there is enough interest and a suitable location found, in theory there is a possibility of some of the Southern bikes being dropped off somewhere between the ferry and the border to save a trip to Belfast on the Sunday for some of the riders. ( This will be decided nearer the time after numbers etc considered).:thumby:

Thanks for that Aidan. So far:
Definites:
1. Yosarian
2. Ken Fearn
3. Redpadraig

Maybe:
1. Graham Shilliday
2. Mark Haughian
3. Dancerdave

Those off you who are maybes will remain so until deposits have been received. Payment is by PayPal gift to my email address. Those of you Who do not secure With a deposit will automatically be superseded by those who have secured with a deposit. I will keep a reserve list of those interested in case there are drop outs. This will fill quickly and saves you a minimum of four days travel, accommodation, fuel, food, ferries, and wear and tear on your bike. Do the math.

So far:
Definites:
1. Yosarian
2. Ken Fearn
3. Redpadraig
4. Graham Shilliday

Maybe:

1. Mark Haughian
2. Dancerdave

So far:
Definites:
1. Yosarian
2. Ken Fearn
3. Redpadraig
4. Graham Shilliday
5. Mark Haughian

Maybe:
1. Dancerdave
2. Sirr Royston
3. James Connolly

So far:
Definites:
1. Yosarian
2. Ken Fearn
3. Redpadraig
4. Graham Shilliday
5. Mark Haughian

Maybe:
1. Dancerdave
2. Sirr Royston
3. James Connolly
4. Boycie800

So far:
Definites:
1. Yosarian
2. Ken Fearn
3. Redpadraig
4. Graham Shilliday
5. Mark Haughian

Maybe:
1. Dancerdave
2. Sirr Royston
3. James Connolly
4. Boycie800
5. Sven Rosvall

So far:
Definites:
1. Yosarian
2. Ken Fearn
3. Redpadraig
4. Graham Shilliday
5. Mark Haughian
6. Terry Carolan

Maybe:
1. Dancerdave
2. Sirr Royston
3. James Connolly
4. Boycie800
5. Sven Rosvall

So far:
Definites:
1. Yosarian
2. Ken Fearn
3. Redpadraig
4. Graham Shilliday
5. Mark Haughian
6. Terry Carolan

Maybe:
1. Dancerdave
2. Sirr Royston
3. James Connolly
4. Boycie800
5. Sven Rosvall
6. Gareth McCartney (+5)

In relation to some of the questions I've been asked:

1. The date for return bike collection should have read Sunday 19/06/16.

2. This is not an organised tour but rather a means to transport your bike to a very convenient location for launching your own adventure. It was run by the "The Belfast flyers" motorcycle club in the past who did organise club run outs which were paced for differing abilities. It was used by various subgroups for launching their own adventure. I have done this trip for the last two years and on both occassions I largely did my own thing. I stayed mainly in Livigno which was great value as it is a duty free destination so duty free fuel alcohol etc. Livigno offers an excellent base for exploring many of the Alps and dolomites roads but you will have to do your own homework I'm afraid.

Excellent source for maps see following link: www.motoroute.it

I can provide details of an decent hotel in livigno with ample garage facilities which provides B&B a packed lunch all for around 45 Euro'ish
Mauro @ HOTEL LE ALPIV ia saroch 366 f - 23030 Livigno (so)
Tel: +39 0342 996 408
Fax: +39 0342 996444
www.hotelalpilivigno.com

The price for the return stay (night before return flight home) in Novatel Geneva worked out at a rate of Euro 98 Single or 108 doubvle, B&B. (plus tax at 1.27 pp).
http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-0422-novotel-geneve-aeroport-france/index.shtml

The event is suitable for all bikes and the bikes are secured in a very professional manner. For link on last years trip:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/380849-Geneva-2015-Bike-Transport?highlight=geneva+2015

There is a second trailor available but this would need to be filled. This was not the result last years and approximately 10 people had to be given the bad news. The moral of this story is, if you want to go make sure you make the first trailor as there are no guarentee of filling the second trailor.

I hope this is of assistance.

Regards,

Rory (aka Yosarian on UKGSER).

For anyone who hasn't been on this before - do it - best thing I have done in years!! This year was my first big trip on the bike, first time in Europe & first time to drive on the wrong side of the road.
This is a well organised trip and when you get off the plane in Geneva and get to the hotel your bike is there waiting for you to mount your panniers, change and away you go. I based myself in Livigno, but stayed in Andermatt on first night. Livigno is a beautiful area and so handy to Switzerland / Austria. I done daily rides from Livigno to Lake Como, Austria and of course the Stelvio pass.

The only tip would be bring a lightweight jacket or air jacket as when I done the Lake Como run it was 38 degree and I was in GoreTex jacket, with all vents open and still couldn't get any air in

The only reason I'm not going next year is that June doesn't suit. But if situations change I'll be booked!!

So far:
Definites:
1. Yosarian
2. Ken Fearn
3. Redpadraig
4. Graham Shilliday
5. Mark Haughian
6. Terry Carolan
7. Dancerdave
8. Boycie800

Maybe
1. Sirr Royston
2. James Connolly
3. Sven Rosvall
4. Gareth McCartney (+5)

So far:
Definites:
1. Yosarian
2. Ken Fearn
3. Redpadraig
4. Graham Shilliday
5. Mark Haughian
6. Terry Carolan
7. Dancerdave
8. Boycie800

Maybe
1. Sirr Royston
2. James Connolly
3. Sven Rosvall
4. Gareth McCartney (+5)
5. MgPaulie

So far:
Definites:
1. Yosarian
2. Ken Fearn
3. Redpadraig
4. Graham Shilliday
5. Mark Haughian
6. Terry Carolan
7. Dancerdave
8. Boycie800
9. G. MaC
10. M. Cum
Maybe
1. Sirr Royston
2. James Connolly
3. Sven Rosvall
4. Gareth McCartney (+5)
5. MgPaulie

So far:
Definites:
1. Yosarian
2. Ken Fearn
3. Redpadraig
4. Graham Shilliday
5. Mark Haughian
6. Terry Carolan
7. Dancerdave
8. Boycie800
9. G. MaC
10. M. Cum
11. M. Hen
Maybe
1. Sirr Royston
2. James Connolly
3. Sven Rosvall
4. Gareth McCartney (+5)
5. MgPaulie

So far:

Definites:
1. Yosarian
2. Ken Fearn
3. Redpadraig
4. Graham Shilliday
5. Mark Haughian
6. Terry Carolan
7. Dancerdave
8. Boycie800
9. G. MaC
10. M. Cum
11. M. Hen
12. S. Brown
13. Paul Hyndman
14. John Coyle, Ducati Scrambler
15. Richard McShane
16. Davy McLaughlin
17. Michael Gill

Maybe
1. Sirr Royston
2. James Connolly
3. Sven Rosvall
4. Gareth McCartney (+5)

So far:

Definites:
1. Yosarian
2. Ken Fearn
3. Redpadraig
4. Graham Shilliday
5. Mark Haughian
6. Terry Carolan
7. Dancerdave
8. Boycie800
9. G. MaC
10. M. Cum
11. M. Hen
12. S. Brown
13. Paul Hyndman
14. John Coyle
15. Richard McShane
16. Davy McLaughlin
17. Michael Gill
18. B. Mills

Maybe
1. Sirr Royston
2. James Connolly
3. Sven Rosvall

So first trailer full (maybe room for 1 more depending on loading plan). Still a second trailer available if it can be filled, and if not a reserve list should something unforeseen happen and someone be unable to go.

So far:

Definites:
1. Yosarian
2. Ken Fearn
3. Redpadraig
4. Graham Shilliday
5. Mark Haughian
6. Terry Carolan
7. Dancerdave
8. Boycie800
9. G. MaC
10. M. Cum