Avon Trailrider

rodsharp

Reaction score
Need some tyres and like to try them all . Has anyone tried them yet and if so what do you think?

They get a good review, this months RiDE mag gives a review from a couple of members of the public.

Spotted this in this month's Adventure Bike Rider. Can't find the survey though that gave it top spot for wet weather. The last three sets of tyres I have had are the Dunlop TR91’s but I too am interested in the Avons.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 653
I have them on my lc, 1400 miles two up with luggage. They feel great, warm up quickly. I'm no expert but for me they're just right. The rear is dual compound. And they look the business..

Gazza Have you tried them in the wet yet ? The Storm which is their sport touring gets mixed reviews in the rain but they do last well apparently which will influence some reviewers to think they are better than they really are. I just wonder whether the Trailrider being a much newer tyre may be better in the wet.

I've replaced the PR4's on my 1200 ADV TC with Avon Trail Riders - My main criteria is do they give me confidence, so far I'm impressed

85K on two GSA,s tried lots of diff tyres and I think the Avon Trail Rider are the best tyre yet.
They grip well and no high speed weave. Needed quite bit of lead weight to balance them. :thumb2

I'm also mighty impressed. I've been using them every day in I cannot fault them - What tyres did you have before?

I came from PR4's which had already raised the bar on what I thought a good tyre could deliver

Got anarkee 3's at the moment noisy but good in the wet front and going square front and rear after 5000 so might give the Avon's a go.

Back
Top Bottom