Ipswich / Suffolk Quick Question

Fluffmeister

I think I'm a Guzzista now
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm working for Suffolk Council next week and will be down in Ipswich on the RT. Were would you local boys suggest heading for the odd ride out in an evening to save festering in the hotel? Any pub's near the coast worth a visit ?

If you head to the coast you have Southwold,Duwich and Aldburgh can't help with pubs but the best Fish and chips are at Aldburgh. Any of these have to be better than remaining in Ipswich :eek:

http://www.aldeburghfishandchips.co.uk/

Be prepared for a bit of a Q :blast though not as bad this time of year compared to holiday season.Make sure you check out the opening times as they reduce there opening times this time of year.

Nice one, I'll stick the chippy in the Garmin and bimble over one night, and yes indeedee, Ipswich .....point taken :)

Ipswich isn't all bad, its actually got a lot going for it.

Theres the A12 north or south or the A14 East or West……….:green gri

Shame you are not going to Norwich. A far nicer place with a vastly superior football team.

I'm not sure I'd fit in, as a Manchester United fan and being present on the day little Shinji scored his hat trick a couple of years ago :)

I'm not sure I'd fit in, as a Manchester United fan and being present on the day little Shinji scored his hat trick a couple of years ago :)

You would be fine. Canaries fans will be content in the knowledge that we will have revenge later this year now we are playing good footy again under the amazing Alex Neil

Places to visit near Ipswich

I agree about Aldeburgh and fish and chips. You could also go to Felixstowe, and park along the prom. Good food at The Alex at the bottom of Bent Hill and the Cork is ok as a pub, just nearby. In the main street, Hamilton Road, there is Bencotto's, again, ok for eating. And you can have a good bracing walk along the prom. RobA.

Back
Top Bottom